Windows 10: How to reset PIN number

Discus and support How to reset PIN number in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I dont know to reset mypin number but i didnt make a pin number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KennyLe5, Aug 30, 2020.

1. KennyLe5 Win User

How to reset PIN number

I dont know to reset mypin number but i didnt make a pin number

:)

KennyLe5, Aug 30, 2020

2. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Aug 30, 2020
  3. BrianMBC Win User
    Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Graeme.P Win User

How to reset PIN number

how to reset pin number

Hi David, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

Here are the steps you can follow to reset your PIN:

- Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts > Sign-in options.

- Click the Change button under PIN.

- Enter your current PIN; then, enter and confirm the new PIN underneath.

- Tap I forgot my PIN.

- Enter your Microsoft account password; then, set up the new Pin.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

How to reset PIN number

1. How to reset PIN number - Similar Threads - reset PIN number

2. How to reset pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset pin?: I just bought my Acer windows 11 laptop today and I don’t remember adding a pin to sign in with, so I pressed forgot pin so that I could set a pin that I would remember.It would take me to the Microsoft account screen but it was a blank white screen then it would go back to...
  3. How to reset pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset pin?: I just bought my Acer windows 11 laptop today and I don’t remember adding a pin to sign in with, so I pressed forgot pin so that I could set a pin that I would remember.It would take me to the Microsoft account screen but it was a blank white screen then it would go back to...
  4. With the PIN number

With the PIN number: If have the PIN number can I recover my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-pin-number/5b734163-f1c7-4844-b440-7f1c5b9c3e73
  5. PIN Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. PIN Number

PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. Passwords and pin number reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Passwords and pin number reset: I have a family member who forgot her pin # and password for her login. How do I reset them so she can get her information from the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwords-and-pin-number-reset/4d04d6fa-2ecf-4d27-8018-451c2711c412
  8. PIN numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN numbers: My son is being asked for a PIN number? I do not remember a PIN or ever having one. I think he is trying to buy something for his xbox. How do I reset the PIN number for my Microsoft account? Or is it separate for and xbox account?...
  9. How to reset pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset pin: They are requesting my pin number, don't know it and don't know how to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-pin/1edabe13-2019-4a48-aafd-e6500fda83e1
  10. how to reset pin number

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to reset pin number: I need to re-set my pin in windows 10 anc can't find the link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-pin-number/eb2d10b2-ab75-4260-bf28-2c34306b63ab