Windows 10: How to reset pin

Discus and support How to reset pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I sent my laptop to get fixed when i received it back it says yall deleted my pin so i need to reset it to log into my laptop. Well it will not let me... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Promise Glover, May 23, 2024.

1. How to reset pin

I sent my laptop to get fixed when i received it back it says yall deleted my pin so i need to reset it to log into my laptop. Well it will not let me reset it because my old phone number is on file and it wont send me an email. So how am i supposed to get back into my laptop?

:)

Promise Glover, May 23, 2024

2. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., May 23, 2024
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 23, 2024
  4. JayPhi Win User

How to reset pin

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 23, 2024
Thema:

How to reset pin

1. How to reset pin - Similar Threads - reset pin

2. Forgot my windows PIN… cant reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my windows PIN… cant reset.: Ive forgotten my PIN to log in to my PC. For the past few days, after entering a password, the screen would go to “This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at...
  3. Forgot my windows PIN… cant reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my windows PIN… cant reset.: Ive forgotten my PIN to log in to my PC. For the past few days, after entering a password, the screen would go to “This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at...
  4. Where can i reset my pin i am stuck on home screen and forgot pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can i reset my pin i am stuck on home screen and forgot pin: I have a pc i changed my pin but i forgot it, i was trying to remeber it until i coudnt remeber. Then i had to send my self a verication code but i turned my pc off now there is no reset option nor a sign in option what do i do....
  5. Where can i reset my pin i am stuck on home screen and forgot pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can i reset my pin i am stuck on home screen and forgot pin: I have a pc i changed my pin but i forgot it, i was trying to remeber it until i coudnt remeber. Then i had to send my self a verication code but i turned my pc off now there is no reset option nor a sign in option what do i do....
  6. Where can i reset my pin i am stuck on home screen and forgot pin

7. I can't reset my PIN after I entered the bitlocker recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reset my PIN after I entered the bitlocker recovery key.: I left my laptop and went out for several hours and when I returned, it asked for a bitlocker recovery key. I entered the key and my laptop restarted. On the screen it says your pin is no longer available due to a change in security system on this device. Click to set up your...
  8. I can't reset my PIN after I entered the bitlocker recovery key.

I can't reset my PIN after I entered the bitlocker recovery key.: I left my laptop and went out for several hours and when I returned, it asked for a bitlocker recovery key. I entered the key and my laptop restarted. On the screen it says your pin is no longer available due to a change in security system on this device. Click to set up your...
  9. Unable to reset Windows Hello PIN from Login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset Windows Hello PIN from Login screen: We have Entra joined devices deployed in the system. I am testing on my machine if I can reset my windows hello pin but I can't. Everytime it says "Something went wrong"I applied csp "Enable PIN Recovery" through intune and it shows success status but still not...
  10. Unable to reset Windows Hello PIN from Login screen

Unable to reset Windows Hello PIN from Login screen: We have Entra joined devices deployed in the system. I am testing on my machine if I can reset my windows hello pin but I can't. Everytime it says "Something went wrong"I applied csp "Enable PIN Recovery" through intune and it shows success status but still not...