Windows 10: How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10

Discus and support How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In this post, we will show you how to reset the Registry Editor window position, size, etc. to its default settings in Windows 10. Before you begin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10

In this post, we will show you how to reset the Registry Editor window position, size, etc. to its default settings in Windows 10. Before you begin, close the Registry Editor, create a system restore point and then run the reg file that we have given below as a download. Reset Registry Editor window position […]

This article How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 14, 2021
  3. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10 ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 14, 2021
  4. iamTin Win User

How to fix/restore regedit to default?

Hello. I need help how to restore regedit back to its default settings.

I didn't know registry editor is very sensitive that a small change can have huge impact on my computer's functionality.

So here's what happened, I was trying to fix a different issue (can't run a specific .exe file) when I bumped into one of the suggested fix (making some small change in regedit)

So I was trying to follow step from: Can't open .EXE files in Windows 7 or Windows Vista

[*]Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search box
    [*]Right-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as administrator
    [*]Browse to the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe

[*]With .exe selected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    [*]Change the Value data: to exefile
    [*]Browse to and then click on the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile

[*]With exefileselected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    [*]Change the Value data: to "%1" %* (THIS IS WHERE I MADE A MISTAKE)
    [*]Browse to and then click on the following registry key:

KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open

[*]With openselected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    [*]Change the Value data: to "%1" %*
    [*]Close the Registry Editor and restart your PC

Now, I can't open regedit.exe or any .exe files.

I'm getting the error: Windows can't opent this file

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

iamTin, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - reset REGEDIT default

2. help how to change default .exe regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help how to change default .exe regedit: so i just running .exe regedit from this website https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8703-restore-default-file-type-associations-windows-10-a.html the file format is exe.reg ,after running this , ican't run scrcpy android screen to windows please help...
  3. help how to change default .exe regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help how to change default .exe regedit: so i just running .exe regedit from this website https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8703-restore-default-file-type-associations-windows-10-a.html the file format is exe.reg ,after running this , ican't run scrcpy android screen to windows please help...
  4. help how to change default .exe regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. mouse regedit default values

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse regedit default values: someone can yo send me a photo of values default- Equipo\HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Mouse and Equipo\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse regedit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-regedit-default-values/11104264-a42d-49d9-ac57-9bdb954584e6
  6. How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?: I screwed around a bit too much, and i just need a fresh breath of air for my computer. submitted by /u/-Morgz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59sxi/how_to_reset_windows_10_to_default_settings/
  7. Touchpad resetting to default on every restart, regedit change not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad resetting to default on every restart, regedit change not working: Using V 19.3.31.31 of synaptics drivers on an HP envy x360 15-bp106. I have kept the installation file of this version specifically because newer versions remove a lot of functionality e.g. launch a command by 2 finger click. After a fresh Win10 install I cannot get the...
  8. Regedit Defaults

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Regedit Defaults: Hello, i recently changed a few settings in regedit after been recommended. I have removed the restore point *Mad I'm looking for every default setting in Multimedia folder. In total 11 folders. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1803. OS build: 17143.753...
  9. How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default: I recently changed my Windows 10 theme to the color "dark grey." Now that's the color of everything of course and I can't seem to change it back. I never changed it before, it used to be the top bar of applications was white while the task bar was black. Now its all one...
  10. RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login

in Windows 10 Support
    RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login: I have searched all over the google and have not found yet why after logging into Windows, Synaptic setting Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP]"MouseSpeedLevel"=dword:0000000c[/quote] Goes back to setting that was set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset regedit to default