Windows 10: How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer?

Discus and support How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm adding Tags to my JPEG Metadata in Windows 10 to help search and sort pictures, but Tags are sometimes misspelled or entered without a separator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jostein Bakklund, Jul 23, 2020.

1. How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer?

I'm adding Tags to my JPEG Metadata in Windows 10 to help search and sort pictures, but Tags are sometimes misspelled or entered without a separator semicolon in my case and Windows will never forget my typos.

I have no problem editing, correcting, or even remove Tags from my JPEG Metadata, and a simple search will show that there's no longer a single file on my computer which is tagged with e.g. "Grandma Gearbox" - but as soon as I try to Tag a photo with the word "Grand..." or "Gear..." - Windows will never forget and still keep suggesting every crazy combination I ever managed to type in a hurry.

How can I make the Windows File Explorer forget about my old typos?

:)

Jostein Bakklund, Jul 23, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jul 30, 2020
  3. How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer?

I'm adding Tags to my JPEG Metadata in Windows 10 to help search and sort pictures, but Tags are sometimes misspelled or entered without a separator (semicolon in my case) and Windows will never forget my typos.

I have no problem editing, correcting, or even remove Tags from my JPEG Metadata, and a simple search will show that there's no longer a single file on my computer which is tagged with e.g. "Grandma Gearbox" - but as soon as I try to Tag a photo with the
    word "Grand..." or "Gear..." - Windows will never forget and still keep suggesting every crazy combination I ever managed to type in a hurry.

How can I make the Windows File Explorer forget about my old typos?

Jostein Bakklund, Jul 30, 2020
  4. morrohval Win User

How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer?

How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list.

I have been adding TAGS to images to make them easier to sort. In my haste I spelled a name wrong. Now when I view the DETAILS view pane and then I click into the TAGS bar, and start entering a name, I get a pop-out list of all TAG suggestions starting
    with that letter that narrows down as I add more of the word. But as more and more people get added to the (good) TAG list, the misspelled one is taking up space. Where can I go in Win10 (updates up to Nov 2019) to see and remove unwanted TAGS so they are
    not "suggestions" and removed from the list? It seems reasonable that it would let me even DELETE the entire list and the list would rebuild with tags used in a folder so only a "live" list (yes, maybe even a misspelled one that still needs corrected) would
    soon repopulate.

IE: I added "Mark" and I added "John", then I was typing and realized that if I right-arrow over the semicolon I could add TAGS for John and Mark to a group of selected pictures, cutting out discrete clicks. In my haste I didn't hit the right-space between
    the names and then hit ENTER to tag the selected pictures. All TAGged as "John Mark"; I realized my mistake, deleted the tag and re-entered them as discrete tags. So, now, when I go to add a tag, and type in "m" there is a suggestion for all my tags that
    start with m, and "John Mark" is in the list. I want to remove "John Mark" as a suggested tag.

SO: How do I edit to remove bad TAG suggestions in Win10?

morrohval, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer?

1. How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer? - Similar Threads - reset suggestions Tags

2. Files Explorer Suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  3. Files Explorer Suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  4. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  5. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  6. File Explorer Tags column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Tags column: Hello How do I get PDF tags to show in the File Explorer Tags column? please see image below.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tags-column/20e8c79b-6499-4e5e-bf02-3247f28ab7c9
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?

Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?: How to get File Explorer to show tags of PowerPoint file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-tags-column-how-to-fix/aad2a3cd-6926-4f24-9252-6bd2152dc5b4
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?: How to get File Explorer to show tags of PowerPoint file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-tags-column-how-to-fix/aad2a3cd-6926-4f24-9252-6bd2152dc5b4
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?

10. Tags in File Explorer

Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...