Windows 10: how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders.

Discus and support how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello to everyone, for disk space needs I have copied the "file and folders" folders on another disk while I was running Linux. When I have logged in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ziomario, Jul 26, 2020.

1. ziomario Win User

how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders.

Hello to everyone,

for disk space needs I have copied the "file and folders" folders on another disk while I was running Linux. When I have logged in Windows 10 again,I have encountered various problems. Infact as soon as Windows starts I don't see all the services that it started before to move the file and folders and I'm not able anymore to open images because it says that there are permission problems. So,I want to restore / reset all the permissions in the proper way. I tried with this command,going inside the "file and folders" folders and on C:\

Code:
    this is what happens :

how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders. [​IMG]

what to so is written in this site :

How to reset NTFS permissions with ICACLS | The Solving

this is not the solution,because after giving that command I saw that the problems are still there. What can I do ? thanks.

:)

ziomario, Jul 26, 2020
  2. ziomario Win User

Hello to everyone,

for disk space needs I have copied the "file and folders" folders on another disk while I was running Linux. When I have logged in Windows 10 again,I have encountered various problems. Infact as soon as Windows starts I don't see all the services that it started before to move the file and folders and I'm not able anymore to open images because it says that there are permission problems. So,I want to restore / reset all the permissions in the proper way. I tried with this command,going inside the "file and folders" folders and on C:\

Code:
    this is what happens :

how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders. [​IMG]

what to so is written in this site :

How to reset NTFS permissions with ICACLS | The Solving

this is not the solution,because after giving that command I saw that the problems are still there. What can I do ? thanks.

ziomario, Jul 26, 2020
  3. slyphnier Win User
    how to reset system folder (windows) permission ?

hello everyone

new user here, joining because i starting to use windows10 since like 2days ago
    eventthough it similar to win7 there lots things to get used to

so i browsing my windows/system folder, and then i get notification that "you dont currently have permission to access this folder"
    click continue to permanently get access to this folder
    so i click continue ... it give me full permission now

but now i wonder how to revert/reset this back to default state (back to where i get notification)
    reseting folder setting to default wont fix this ....

anyone know how to reset this please help

slyphnier, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders. - Similar Threads - reset proper permissions

2. Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...: Hi,I have a persistent problem with Microsoft Store which is no longer loading after I did a Reset for this app. Just before it was loading but unable to update itself. I have tried all the usual recommendations to no avail. So I will opt for a Repair Upgrade but I'm...
  3. Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...: Hi,I have a persistent problem with Microsoft Store which is no longer loading after I did a Reset for this app. Just before it was loading but unable to update itself. I have tried all the usual recommendations to no avail. So I will opt for a Repair Upgrade but I'm...
  4. Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions: Hello, i know this was asked here already: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/folder-permissions-remove-system/57f73186-4323-4d5f-ae9a-b2e95fa93706 But since windows 10 keeps deleting my audio driver and installs one that doesn't...
  6. Windows 10 - ModifiableWindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - ModifiableWindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission: Path: F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps Effect: It disable the inheritance of the entire 'Program Files' folder and sub folders, virtually locking me out of any modification (creating new files/folder ...) Methods I've tried: 1st Method: I tried using the 'Take...
  7. how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders.: [ATTACH] Hello to everyone, for disk space needs I have copied the "file and folders" folders on another disk while I was running Linux. When I have logged in Windows 10 again,I have encountered various problems. Infact as soon as Windows starts I don't see all the...
  8. how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders.: Hello to everyone, for disk space needs I have copied the "file and folders" folders on another disk while I was running Linux. When I have logged in Windows 10 again,I have encountered various problems. Infact as soon as Windows starts I don't see all the services that it...
  9. System folders not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System folders not working properly: I'm not sure what happened but I was trying to get into my documents folder today and realised some of the folder names were missing on my quick access tab - the download, pictures and documents. I can't remove these three folders nor can I click on them and access the folder...
  10. how to reset system folder (windows) permission ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to reset system folder (windows) permission ?: hello everyone new user here, joining because i starting to use windows10 since like 2days ago eventthough it similar to win7 there lots things to get used to so i browsing my windows/system folder, and then i get notification that "you dont currently have permission...