Windows 10: How to reset the screen lock pin/password? It’s a local account and I don’t have my...

Discus and support How to reset the screen lock pin/password? It’s a local account and I don’t have my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Thanks for your help. submitted by /u/hellotintin100 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hellotintin100, Nov 13, 2020.

1. How to reset the screen lock pin/password? It’s a local account and I don’t have my...

/u/hellotintin100, Nov 13, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 13, 2020
  4. How to reset the screen lock pin/password? It’s a local account and I don’t have my...

Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

How to reset the screen lock pin/password? It’s a local account and I don’t have my...

1. How to reset the screen lock pin/password? It’s a local account and I don’t have my... - Similar Threads - reset screen lock

2. Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local: I have an older PC which, all of a sudden, refused to take the password for the lock screen. I had been using this password for years and it simply refused to work. I contacted the manufacturer who, for a $99 fee, would do 'advanced' tech support it was way out of warranty so...
  3. Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local: I have an older PC which, all of a sudden, refused to take the password for the lock screen. I had been using this password for years and it simply refused to work. I contacted the manufacturer who, for a $99 fee, would do 'advanced' tech support it was way out of warranty so...
  4. how do I change my local account password to pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change my local account password to pin?: I tried to go to the account and sign-in options and it says the pin option is unavailable, there is no option to change the password so I am very lost. I also tried going to the control panel and managing the account but there was no option to change the password. Please...
  5. how do I change my local account password to pin?

how do I change my local account password to pin?: I tried to go to the account and sign-in options and it says the pin option is unavailable, there is no option to change the password so I am very lost. I also tried going to the control panel and managing the account but there was no option to change the password. Please...
  6. How can I reset the password of my local account from the sign in screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset the password of my local account from the sign in screen?: •Windows 11 on a laptop•The local account is the administrator•The local account is the only account on my deviceThe reset link on the sign in screen only works if I have a flashdrive formated to reset my local account. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of flash drive...
  7. I locked my computer and don’t have an Administrator pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I locked my computer and don’t have an Administrator pin: I locked my computer as if it was lost, it wasn’t. I was just trying to see how it worked. I cannot unlock it now, I didn’t see anywhere before I locked it that it asked about setting up a pin for administrator. I never set that up, now I’m not able to login since I don’t...
  8. I locked my computer and don’t have an Administrator pin

I locked my computer and don’t have an Administrator pin: I locked my computer as if it was lost, it wasn’t. I was just trying to see how it worked. I cannot unlock it now, I didn’t see anywhere before I locked it that it asked about setting up a pin for administrator. I never set that up, now I’m not able to login since I don’t...
  9. I locked my computer and don’t have an Administrator pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. how to reset password on my pc that is a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reset password on my pc that is a local account: i have a toshiba laptop that i havent used for awhile i forgot the password. told me to go to account.live.com i tried still i cant . then i tried adding the pc device to my microsift account but i cant because i cant get in my pc. how do i reset the password or reset the...