Windows 10: How to reset the system and keep my personal files?

Discus and support How to reset the system and keep my personal files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; how will i reset my system and keep my files including pictures ,video, games,documents,softwere,programs or saved files etc submitted by /u/bigbellu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bigbellu, Mar 15, 2021.

1. How to reset the system and keep my personal files?

how will i reset my system and keep my files including pictures ,video, games,documents,softwere,programs or saved files etc

submitted by /u/bigbellu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bigbellu, Mar 15, 2021
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 15, 2021
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

How to reset the system and keep my personal files?

Windows Update and Reset and keep files wiped my system

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Did you create a back up for your files before you reset your system?
    • Aside from resetting your system, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Let us know so we can assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

How to reset the system and keep my personal files?

1. How to reset the system and keep my personal files? - Similar Threads - reset system keep

2. How to recover personal files after system reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover personal files after system reset?: My system was going through a regular update, but it crashed right in the middle of it due to some Windows Insider built issue. The system then started troubleshooting itself and concluded that it needed to be reset to the most recent working state for the operating system to...
  3. How to recover personal files after system reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover personal files after system reset?: My system was going through a regular update, but it crashed right in the middle of it due to some Windows Insider built issue. The system then started troubleshooting itself and concluded that it needed to be reset to the most recent working state for the operating system to...
  4. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  5. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  6. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature

Windows 10 Reset Keeping personal files Feature: I recently resetted my laptop due to update problem. I selected to keep personal files but after the laptop opened, there was no single file there. The files were very important. Please help.......
  8. Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?: It says that apps will be uninstalled, including my games. Will the data files for the games be deleted too? Or will I be able to reinstall the game and keep my data? I want to back it up to another drive but I can’t transfer 500gb in less than a couple hours with this POS...
  9. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...
  10. Keep personal files only

Keep personal files only: Hello, Recently i tried downloading windows 10 when 2 options popped up 1. keep personal files only, and 2. is nothing. well i wanna choose the keep personal files only. but i wanna know if it will delete all of my games, ty for the ones who help. *Cool 30146