Windows 10: How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you do not like the current position and want to reset the Touch keyboard to the default position in Windows 11 or Windows 10, here is how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10

How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10 reset-touch-keyboard-default-open-position.png
    If you do not like the current position and want to reset the Touch keyboard to the default position in Windows 11 or Windows 10, here is how you can do that. Although the OS doesn’t offer an option in Windows Settings, you can reset the Touch keyboard to the default position using Registry Editor. […]

This article How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2021
  3. buddy267 Win User
    Touch keyboard does not show up as default keyboard

Hi Stephen J. Mayer,

I had the same problem. The touch keyboard would not work any more. I had not changed anything other then updating windows 10. I found the solution to the problem Here Windows
    10 touch keyboard not popping up? Fix it!

"How to make the Windows 10 touch keyboard pop up automatically:
    • Press WinKey + R to pop up the “Run” menu and enter services.msc

How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]

• Hit OK and you will reach the Services panel. There in the list, find Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
    • Right click and select Properties. In the General tab, change the Startup Type to Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start). Either of those will do.
    • Now check if the keyboard pops up when you try to enter text.
    • If it does not, restart your computer and see if it works.
    • If it still does not, again go to the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and open properties. This time, open the Dependencies tab and you will find a list of processes quoted as “The service depends on the following
      components”.
    • Now close the properties window and check the list of Services and make sure that the services mentioned above are either “Running” or in “Automatic” mode. If they are disabled, you should enable them.
    • Now again find the Touch Keyboard service and enable it as Automatic.
    • See if this works for you!"
    I hope this helps.

buddy267, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

1. How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - reset Touch Keyboard

2. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  3. How to reset touch keyboard theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset touch keyboard theme?: Hi, I use Auto Dark Mode app to change my Windows theme accordingly to current time. And before I played with new touch keyboard settings, my keyboard was following global Windows theme dark theme - dark keyboard and vice versaAnd since dark and light keyboard themes are...
  4. How to reset touch keyboard theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset touch keyboard theme?: Hi, I use Auto Dark Mode app to change my Windows theme accordingly to current time. And before I played with new touch keyboard settings, my keyboard was following global Windows theme dark theme - dark keyboard and vice versaAnd since dark and light keyboard themes are...
  5. How to customize Touch keyboard on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize Touch keyboard on Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you often use the Touch keyboard, here is a comprehensive guide for personalizing or customizing the Touch keyboard on Windows 11 using in-built options. Windows 11 lets you set or change the keyboard size, theme, key background, and key text size. In this article,...
  6. How to reset Microsoft Paint Settings, Position, Resolution or Size to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Microsoft Paint Settings, Position, Resolution or Size to default in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have made some changes in the default white page in Microsoft Paint and you want to reset it to the default, then this […] This article How to reset Microsoft Paint Settings, Position, Resolution or Size to default in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10: How to: Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 How to Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC....
  8. Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows: How to: Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Windows Photo Viewer to view your digital photos in a variety of ways. You can...
  9. Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents....
  10. Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10: How to: Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position of Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 If you use a Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop or tablet) that runs on a battery, you can access the most commonly used settings...