Windows 10: How to reset Windows 10 Home Edition Local Account password using Microsoft account

Discus and support How to reset Windows 10 Home Edition Local Account password using Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have personal Dell laptop running on Windows 10 Home Edition. I log in using PIN regularly but I have forgotten my password, also I dont have reset... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ManaliP, Sep 5, 2020.

1. ManaliP Win User

How to reset Windows 10 Home Edition Local Account password using Microsoft account

I have personal Dell laptop running on Windows 10 Home Edition. I log in using PIN regularly but I have forgotten my password, also I dont have reset password disk.
    My local account is mapped to Microsoft account and I have its password, can log in there. I see many people saying on net that one can reset local account password using Microsoft account easily.
    I have tried using Microsoft account password for local account too but it's not accepted.
    Also I see Reset Password button disabled for my user on User Accounts screen.

How do I reset my password now without resetting Windows?

I need password to boot to safe mode

:)

ManaliP, Sep 5, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to reset Windows 10 Home Edition Local Account  password using Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Sep 5, 2020
  4. pstrg Win User

How to reset Windows 10 Home Edition Local Account password using Microsoft account

Reset Local Account Password

After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore
    Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again.
    How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account password, not the local Windows password.

pstrg, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to reset Windows 10 Home Edition Local Account password using Microsoft account - Similar Threads - reset Home Edition

2. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  3. Reset local account password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset local account password.: I want to login with my microsoft account on a laptop. But I can´t since I need to know my dead stepfathers local account password. I know the pin number. Tried for hours to get in contact with microsoft support. But it is impossible to reach a human....
  4. How to reset Windows 10 Admin password using local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset Windows 10 Admin password using local account: I forgot Admin password and unable to reset the password for the same by using local account in Windows 10, please help to resolve the issue...
  5. How to reset Local Account password on Windows 10 using Installation Media

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Local Account password on Windows 10 using Installation Media: [ATTACH]For one reason or another, you may be unable to sign in to your […] This article How to reset Local Account password on Windows 10 using Installation Media first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  7. How to reset a local account password from an admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset a local account password from an admin account: How do i change a local account’s password on a Windows 10 machine, using an Admin account? Last night, i changed the hours that the local account could log on. This morning, we discovered that the password and security questions must have also been changed dont know how...
  8. Password reset for local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset for local account: I changed the password on a local account and can not log in. How can I reset it if I can not get past the sign on screen? If I try the reset password option, it tells me to insert a USB drive. I did not set up the computer in the beginning, and no reset disc was made. Can I...
  9. Reset Local Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Local Account Password: After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again. How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...