Windows 10: how to reset windows security to default

Discus and support how to reset windows security to default in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; can i know how to reset windows security to default because the windows defender is can't turned on, its make the PC less secure, can you help me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MW_192, Nov 17, 2019.

1. MW_192 Win User

how to reset windows security to default

can i know how to reset windows security to default because the windows defender is can't turned on, its make the PC less secure, can you help me please?

:)

MW_192, Nov 17, 2019
  2. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Nov 17, 2019
  3. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

how to reset windows security to default ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 17, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. how to reset windows security to default - Similar Threads - reset security default

2. How to change default sign-in security?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change default sign-in security?: Hello,I recently was prompted to create a PIN after running a few system updates in the aftermath of a minor software crash. I didn't realize this PIN would become a sign-in method for the laptop. Now, when I boot it up, the sign-in screen defaults to asking me for my PIN....
  3. How to change default sign-in security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default sign-in security?: Hello,I recently was prompted to create a PIN after running a few system updates in the aftermath of a minor software crash. I didn't realize this PIN would become a sign-in method for the laptop. Now, when I boot it up, the sign-in screen defaults to asking me for my PIN....
  4. How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10: In this post, we will show you how to reset the Registry Editor window position, size, etc. to its default settings in Windows 10. Before you begin, close the Registry Editor, create a system restore point and then run the reg file that we have given below as a download....
  5. How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10: I am using JavaFX Scene builder in Windows 10. I have installed Segoe UI fonts on my Windows 10 computer and accidentally deleted the default Segoe UI fonts from the registary. And what happened is all my windows UI fonts turn into wired symbols. So, I searched the web...
  6. How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?: I screwed around a bit too much, and i just need a fresh breath of air for my computer. submitted by /u/-Morgz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59sxi/how_to_reset_windows_10_to_default_settings/
  7. How to reset to default colors?

How to reset to default colors?: After recalibrating the color, I made a mistake and need to figure out how to reset the main color pallet to the default windows 10 colors? How can I do that? I'm not talking about a theme but instead the main colors before they were ever changed to begin with?...
  8. How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default

How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default: I recently changed my Windows 10 theme to the color "dark grey." Now that's the color of everything of course and I can't seem to change it back. I never changed it before, it used to be the top bar of applications was white while the task bar was black. Now its all one...
  9. Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10: How to: Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10 How to Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10 A security key (ex: YubiKey) is a physical device that you can use instead of your user name and password to sign in. Since its used in addition to a...
  10. Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows: How to: Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows How to Reset All Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows [img] Information Local Security Policy (secpol.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in with rules that administrators...