Windows 10: How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

Discus and support How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VeronikaRG, Mar 17, 2024.

1. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is there a way to reset the cache or preferences? I found a couple of resources online involving editing the registry but they refer to folders that do not exist, so they didn't work. Thanks in advance!

:)

VeronikaRG, Mar 17, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 17, 2024
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Windows Spotlight wallpaper no longer working

Hi Danny,

This issue can occur from conflicts with Windows Spotlight preferences.

To resolve the issue, we recommend resetting Windows Spotlight preferences by following the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Choose Lock screen.
    • Under Background option, select Picture and set the picture as the default lock screen background.
    • Locate the following folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<characters>\Settings

Note:
      Make sure to unhide all hidden folders in Windows.
    • Once you locate the folder, you'll see roaming.lock and
      settings.dat
      . Delete both of them.
    • Once done, you were able to reset Windows Spotlight preferences and settings already.
    • Open Lock screen settings under Personalization
      again and set Windows Spotlight as the default lock screen background.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Mar 17, 2024
  4. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Mar 17, 2024
Thema:

How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

1. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences? - Similar Threads - reset Spotlight settings

2. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  3. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  4. How to reset "Windows spotlight" lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset "Windows spotlight" lock screen: This is my layperson's remedy.1.choose other than "Windows spotlight"2.restart windows3.clear old files/folders$package = Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager$manifest = $package.InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml'$folder = $Env:LocalAppData +...
  5. How to reset "Windows spotlight" lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset "Windows spotlight" lock screen: This is my layperson's remedy.1.choose other than "Windows spotlight"2.restart windows3.clear old files/folders$package = Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager$manifest = $package.InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml'$folder = $Env:LocalAppData +...
  6. How to reset "Windows spotlight" lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to Set WiFi Preference Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Set WiFi Preference Order?: Hello, Back in the day Windows 7 had a nice option to set a priority order for WiFi networks and I could just rearrange that in GUI. Windows 10 misses that option. There is still a preference order but it cannot be altered in GUI it seems. Do you know a way? If not, can...
  8. Spotlight setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight setting: My spotlight setting has stopped working. The question comes up in right hand corner - "Do you like this picture?" and has the St Louis Bridge but this never changes. Works fine on my lap top but not on my desktop. It is static. How do I get this to work? Thank you...
  9. Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.: I downloaded newest Windows 10 update today. After my PC restarted, all of my settings were back to default and I lost my favorites in Microsoft Edge. How do I restore this, and why did this happen in the first place??...
  10. How to change Windows Spotlight preferences?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change Windows Spotlight preferences?: Every time I turn on my system, I enjoy seeing the various scenes and landscapes, but the feedback options are extremely limited, and having to wait for an image to appear before i can say "Yes, I like it show me more!" gets annoying. I was hoping there was a way to be more...