Windows 10: How to reset your computer from USB?

Discus and support How to reset your computer from USB? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says, how do I reset my computer from my USB? Thanks,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SongPlayzz, Mar 30, 2021.

1. How to reset your computer from USB?

As the title says, how do I reset my computer from my USB?
    Thanks,

:)

SongPlayzz, Mar 30, 2021
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 30, 2021
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

How to reset your computer from USB? [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How to reset your computer from USB?

USB wireless mouse 'USB device not recognised'

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reason why this issue has occurred. We have some
    questions for your to isolate this matter:

• Have you tried using the USB mouse to other computer?

• Is this happening with other devices?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 4:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 5: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, it is possible that the
    device itself has issues. We suggest that you
    contact the store
    from where you
    bought the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

How to reset your computer from USB?

1. How to reset your computer from USB? - Similar Threads - reset computer USB

2. How to reset my computer from the login screen??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset my computer from the login screen??: I accidently deleted laptop profile file, once I logged out, I couldn't login again, and when I tried to login it said wrong password. Once I pressed reset password it said " this feature requires removeable medica such as... ". I tried to reset my PC but it didnt give me a...
  3. How to reset my computer from the login screen??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset my computer from the login screen??: I accidently deleted laptop profile file, once I logged out, I couldn't login again, and when I tried to login it said wrong password. Once I pressed reset password it said " this feature requires removeable medica such as... ". I tried to reset my PC but it didnt give me a...
  4. How to reset my computer from the login screen??

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to reset computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reset computer: Does the F key safe mode work any more. My computer work start up normally. How to reset to factory when computer doesn't seem to stay on states critical error try to fix next start sign in but Doesn't....
  6. How to remove ransomware/trojan from your computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove ransomware/trojan from your computer?: How to remove ransomware/trojan from your computer? It's simple! Ransomeware: Step 1: Boot into Safe Mode. F8 Step 2: Launch your Antivirus Software. such as Windows Defender or MalwareBytes Step 3: Perform an Virus Scan using your Antivirus Software. Step 4: After it...
  7. How to reset PC with USB

How to reset PC with USB: Okay, so my windows got corrupt, and i mean everything, luckily USB still shows, but the recovery files for windows are completely gone, so when i tried to reset it states no changes have been made. a friend recommended a clean install of windows 10 using USB, Could someone...
  8. How to reset your password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset your password: My password expired and I cant login to my account when the thing popped up that said I needed to change my password cuz it was expired i clicked cancel and i dont know if it will pop back up again cuz so far it hasn't done it so I was wondering if there was a way to change...
  9. There was a problem resetting your computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There was a problem resetting your computer.: So, my PC has been having a number of issues such as slowness and 100% disk usage at startup. It constantly freezes sometime in mid activity and will just decide to restart for no reason. The issue started when I downloaded The Sims, I started getting "Application was blocked...
  10. There was a problem resetting your computer

There was a problem resetting your computer: Hello everyone, I was attempting to reset my girlfriend's Dell laptop yesterday for her because of poor performance the laptop was running extremely slow after the process finished I got the error message "there was a problem resetting your computer" Now I can not boot up...