Windows 10: how to resize a vhd file?

Discus and support how to resize a vhd file? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so I was experimenting with vhd files and I wanted to resize a vhd file so that I could add in more partitions. basically, I just wanted to put two vhd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by papperboy3498, Dec 23, 2018.

1. how to resize a vhd file?

so I was experimenting with vhd files and I wanted to resize a vhd file so that I could add in more partitions. basically, I just wanted to put two vhd files together as a partition but can't so I copied one of the vhd files using VirtualBox and then extend the copy and create a partition and copy the contents of the other vhd file.

information of the vhd files because I can't find the attachments button:

1. FreeBSD.VHD (the one I copied):

disk type: MBR

file sytem: I think either UFS, UFS2, or ZFS.
    disk space: 16.00 GB
    2. MS-DOS 6.22 with CD-ROM Support VHD.vhd

disk type: MBR

file system: FAT

disk space: 2.00 GB

:)

papperboy3498, Dec 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane - resizing doesn't resize the file being previewed!

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate information and resolution regarding your concern in resizing Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 23, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Dec 23, 2018
  4. how to resize a vhd file?

VHD

How exactly did you manage to create a 1 TByte VHD on a 300 GByte disk?

Frederik Long, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

how to resize a vhd file?

1. how to resize a vhd file? - Similar Threads - resize vhd file

2. Can VHD files be downloaded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can VHD files be downloaded?: Hello, a while back, I accidentally clicked on an AD and it attempted to install a VHD by the name of "Your File is Ready to Download.VHD". Obviously I quickly stopped the download, but the download itself had no progress bar, so is it even possible for a VHD to be installed?...
  3. Can VHD files be downloaded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can VHD files be downloaded?: Hello, a while back, I accidentally clicked on an AD and it attempted to install a VHD by the name of "Your File is Ready to Download.VHD". Obviously I quickly stopped the download, but the download itself had no progress bar, so is it even possible for a VHD to be installed?...
  4. how to resize png file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to resize png file?: how do I resize png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-png-file/fce58139-3512-4ce4-8fe5-6b1aebc0aad4
  5. how to resize png file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to resize png file?: how do I resize png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-png-file/fce58139-3512-4ce4-8fe5-6b1aebc0aad4
  6. how to resize png file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to delete VHD

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to delete VHD: Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I want to get straight to the point. I created a VHD a few years back and it has grown in file size. However, these files are now useless to me and I would like to delete them. I unmounted the driver and when i try to delete it from...
  8. How to open a VHD file asking for reformatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open a VHD file asking for reformatting: The issue has a backstory, starting with an issue with accessing data on a 8T external USB drive. Consequently, my question may cover many forums. The USB Drive got bumped...hard...and could not be directly accessed but did show up in Disk Management in Win10Pro running on an...
  9. VHD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VHD: just a small question. can i delete a vhd after i hv mounted it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/deab598a-d7fe-4c5c-ace2-91003242d580
  10. Mount a VHD? How?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mount a VHD? How?: I used VirtualBox to create a 640MB VHD (virtual hard disk) named 'Palemoon portable (Linux).vhd'. (Note that the VHD is not a VDI.) I need to format it, but first, I need to mount it. But when I attempt to mount it (as Administrator) via Disk Managment's 'Action' 'Attach...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resizing vhd file

2. Resizing VHD files

3. resize the vhd file in windows 10