Windows 10: How to resize and scale inside of window

Discus and support How to resize and scale inside of window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, hoping there's such a thing possible for what I'm trying to accomplish. So basically I'm looking for a way to resize a window of a program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boosted srt, Mar 17, 2017.

1. How to resize and scale inside of window

Hello all, hoping there's such a thing possible for what I'm trying to accomplish. So basically I'm looking for a way to resize a window of a program and at the same time resizing what's inside of the window with it so it's scaled to fit. A perfect example for what I want.. on windows 10 when you hover over the your bottom toolbar over something that you have open, a little window pops up and I can see stuff that's going on in that popup at a very small size. Is there any possible way to make it to where I can make the window remain that size, scale everything inside of it just like when you hover over it, and be able to click inside of that window? Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

:)

boosted srt, Mar 17, 2017

2. Windows 10. Can't Resize Video Game Windows

in windows 7 i could resize video game windows perfectly but in windows 10 i cant resize unless i check disable display scaling on high DPI settings and even then when i start to resize the second i let go it just automatically resizes to the smallest size
    it can possibly be.

Is there something im overlooking?

How do i change it to the size i want it to be?

SkeletonLizard, Mar 17, 2017
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10

Hi Kati,

I would like to inform you that Scaling is controlled by the PDF application - it is not set in the file. Refer the link below and follow the steps suggested and check if that helps.

Scale or resize PDF pages in Acrobat or Reader for printing
    Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How to resize and scale inside of window

If it's any help, this lets you resize the taskbar thumbnails, which is I think what you're referring to:

How to resize and scale inside of window [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 17, 2017
  5. That looks like that's only allowing me to edit the thumbnail size. I guess another way to word what i'm saying is I would like to work with the window while it's in the thumbnail size!

6. Edwin New Member
    Interesting notion...... you must have really great eye site! *Wink

The closest I could come to achieving what you wish would be to 'snap' windows, for example, in quadrants, but that still doesn't scale the content, just adds more scroll bars! *Sad

As far as I know, the only applications you can interact with in some sort of miniature mode would be running media from taskbar controls.

The only App, that I know of, that will function in, mini mode, is 'Movies & TV' in 'Compact Overlay Mode'

Actually, Windows Calculator scales it's content while scaling the window!

Edwin, Mar 17, 2017
  7. Well to be honest with you, what I'm wanting to use it for doesn't require me to read anything, but more or less just click on an object. It's for a game, and I am "afking" a skill, so I have to flip the screen over to the game to click on the object, but if it was possible to keep it in a miniature window that scaled to the size that I made the window/thumbnail, it'd work great. Just wasn't sure if I was able to achieve that.

I've searched all over google for what I'm looking for but I don't believe I'm able to search for what I want precisely without typing out exactly what I was looking for lol. Only thing I've found is sizer and other sizing programs but that's just allowing me to resize windows that aren't able to be resized. Not scaling unfortunately =(

8. Edwin New Member

Betcha a feature rich gaming keyboard would do the trick!

Edwin, Mar 17, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    What's displayed inside the Window is the responsibility of the program itself, not Windows. So I don't think what you ask is possible.

Some, like Notepad, take the Windows default scaling. Others, like Wordpad, have a Zoom control so you can adjust scaling within the app (look at the bottom right). While others, like Media Player, Films & TV and Photos, will scale to fit the window automatically. Each has its own take on 'scaling', there's no overriding function that does what you as far as I can see.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to resize and scale inside of window - Similar Threads - resize scale inside

2. Widget panel is now too large. Can't scale or resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widget panel is now too large. Can't scale or resize: Today after restarting computer I noticed my Widget panel had gotten bigger. It now covers more than half my screen and it is NOT at FULL SCREEN. I looked everywhere and nothing worked, I cannot resize the entire panel or even the individual widgets within the panel. There is...
  3. Widget panel is now too large. Can't scale or resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widget panel is now too large. Can't scale or resize: Today after restarting computer I noticed my Widget panel had gotten bigger. It now covers more than half my screen and it is NOT at FULL SCREEN. I looked everywhere and nothing worked, I cannot resize the entire panel or even the individual widgets within the panel. There is...
  4. How to resize a window without resizing the page?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to resize a window without resizing the page?: I want to split screen a YouTube video, and I want to resize the window so it only shows the actual video instead of the comments, recommended, and all that stuff. Like cropping a window and being able to move it so I can split screen without all the unnecessary parts of...
  5. How to resize a normal window

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to resize a normal window: How to resize a normal window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-a-normal-window/792a8e13-e05f-4ec4-86c0-8787464a10d8
  6. How to resize

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to resize: [IMG]how to resize ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize/4b1e7725-d609-494e-a38a-f71316a1ee8f
  7. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...
  8. How to resize expressvpn window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resize expressvpn window: Hey guys, I'm really stuck in here everything worked perfectly till today I can't resize the expressvpn window, I tried reinstall, deleted registery power off and on and nothing solve this (I'm not in tablet mode and it appears only in this software) does anyone know how to...
  9. RemoteApp Scaling/Resizing Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RemoteApp Scaling/Resizing Crashing: Does anyone else experience crashing, with remoteapp publish applications? I have a large number of users, it happens to with SSMS, as well as a couple of 3rd party applications. I use a Surface, and another monitor, top to bottom, and unfortunately have been advised by...
  10. How to resize windows when the resize want work

in Windows 10 Support
    How to resize windows when the resize want work: Windows in browser and file explorer will not resize. The windows open maximized. I lost the ability to put two windows side by side. 69765