Windows 10: How to Resolve Bluetooth Pairing/Connection Failure

Discus and support How to Resolve Bluetooth Pairing/Connection Failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone knows how to get my HP Roar Bluetooth speaker to pair with my DELL Inspiron Series 5559 laptop (Windows 10, 64-bit)? I keep getting connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leighca, Sep 18, 2016.

1. leighca Win User

How to Resolve Bluetooth Pairing/Connection Failure

Anyone knows how to get my HP Roar Bluetooth speaker to pair with my DELL Inspiron Series 5559 laptop (Windows 10, 64-bit)? I keep getting connection failure messages. I had no problem pairing the speaker with my iPhone 6 Plus. Both units (HP speaker and DELL laptop) are only months old and under warranty, yet both HP and DELL are offering only fee-based tech support for this problem, which I refuse to accept. I visited the DELL support web site, hoping to download an appropriate driver, but found no option for Bluetooth.
    Note that, in Device Manager, under Bluetooth, nowhere does the name DELL appear among drivers. All I see there are:
    - Bluetooth LE General Attribute Service
    - Bluetooth Mouse 3600 (a Microsoft device, paired)
    - Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®
    - Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
    - Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

leighca, Sep 18, 2016
  2. Marek St. Win User

Nokia Icon 8.1 Driving mode does not disconnect after leaving car.

Hi Jpnels71.

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I understand that after leaving your car, your phone stays switched on the Driving Mode.

In the situation you're describing I would recommend to Remove the Paired Device from your Phone in Settings > Bluetooth and connect it (Pair) again to your car's Bluetooth System.

More information about Bluetooth on Windows Phone :

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/connectivity/pair-my-phone-with-a-bluetooth-accessory

Bluetooth FAQ:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/connectivity/bluetooth-faq

And Driving Mode :

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/basics/use-driving-mode

Hopefully this will resolve the issue at hand.

Thank You,

Mareks.

Marek St., Sep 18, 2016
  3. Pairing controllers wirelessly.

So, I have a controller that I want to connect via Bluetooth. I have a desktop and I also have a Bluetooth adapter. Whenever I go to add the controller, I see the symbol, start pairing with it, but I never get asked to enter a pairing code which ultimately
    ends in the failure of the pairing. How can I work this out.

(By the way, I'm using a DualShock 4 Controller. The Bluetooth dongle I got only came in a package with a CD and that was it.)

If anybody could post an answer that would be great!

DRose4Rizzle, Sep 18, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

This is more of a Apple support issue as to what exactly you want to do with using Bluetooth to connect your phone to your computer. iOS is very limited to what it does when connecting to Windows through Bluetooth. It will only work as a modem link. Apple has made their devices as a whole package experience. That means that the watch, iPad, iPhone, Macbook, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, Apple TV works as a single vendor experience. That means that they have made their OS versions to work hand in hand with the hardware so that you can sync and share between all of them.

bro67, Sep 18, 2016
  5. leighca Win User
    To bro67:

You missed my point. My concern has nothing to do with the iPhone. I only mentioned the phone to show it pairs perfectly with the Roar speaker. The problem I'm having is connection failure when trying to pair the Roar speaker with my DELL Inspiron 15 (5559) laptop.

Please let me know if you have any tips on the Roar speaker/DELL laptop pairing problem.

Thanks.

leighca, Sep 19, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    I did not miss any point. The point that it is an apple issue is that it works with your iPhone. It may be that the speaker was never meant to work as a Bluetooth audio device on laptops. Laptops and desktops were never meant to really use Bluetooth for wireless audio. It has become more of one of those items that flopped when there was no great consumer support behind it, even though it would be nice to sync say your laptop with an Amazon Alexa or even like the NVIDIA Shield in order to stream audio.

The only thing that I am seeing is for Windows 7 & 8 in the manual for that speaker. The only other thing is to remember to turn off Bluetooth on all other devices when trying to sync.

I am guessing that this is your post. Connection/Pairing Failure - HP Roar Speaker and DELL Laptop - HP Support Forum - 5767792 You may never get a response on the HP forum. If you do, it will be like all of the Stack Exchange responses in that you will get some canned Boilerplated response that basically states to RTFM.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Resolve Bluetooth Pairing/Connection Failure - Similar Threads - Resolve Bluetooth Pairing

2. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting": I have a BT device that has worked for years. After the recent W10 update, it now pairs, but is not "connected". It does not show as connected in the notification bar. I have paired and removed the device several times. I have run the BT "troubleshooter" app -- which just...
  3. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting": I have a BT device that has worked for years. After the recent W10 update, it now pairs, but is not "connected". It does not show as connected in the notification bar. I have paired and removed the device several times. I have run the BT "troubleshooter" app -- which just...
  4. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluetooth paired but not connecting.

Bluetooth paired but not connecting.: My bluetooth headphones x3 and my bluetooth speakers have stopped connecting on both of my win10 laptops. All was working fine until last week. These bluetooth devices are still working fine on my iPhone and iPad as before. I have removed all the devices and re-paired them ,...
  6. Bluetooth paired but not connected

Bluetooth paired but not connected: I have a problem in my windows 10 bluetooth I don't know why but whenever i try to connect any speaker or any bluetooth headset it doesn't connect it says paired but can't connect my other blutooth devices like keyboard,mouse, phone works perfectly even i can share files from...
  7. BLuetooth Connectivity - Device Paired But Not Connecting

BLuetooth Connectivity - Device Paired But Not Connecting: Hi there, a few months I purchased a program to clean my system up and help it run smoother. In the midst of the purchase there was an extra program to update drivers available which I so foolishly agreed to purchasing and decided to update drivers as well. Upon doing so...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones are paired, but will not connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones are paired, but will not connect: Hi. I am using a ASUS USB BT400 dongle to connect my CLEER FLOW II headphones with my desktop PC. This worked fine for a number of months, until I was forced to update a few drivers and Windows 10 to Version 2004. I am currently on build 19041.508. I found a post on...
  9. Bluetooth will not connect, but says paired.

Bluetooth will not connect, but says paired.: About two months ago, my bluetooth devices stopped working on my Windows 10 Dell XPS 13 9350. I can pair a bluetooth device, such as headphones, but it is not connected. I get no connected sound on my bluetooth device and the computer shows no signs that it is connected, just...
  10. Bluetooth Pairing & Not Connecting

Bluetooth Pairing & Not Connecting: Thank u for replying, I tried that as well as uninstalling the device and Bluetooth and not updating the driver, tested, didn't work then updated it still doesn't work, strange