Windows 10: How to Resolve - Continuous Yet Intermittent Audio & Video Issues Experienced Since...

Discus and support How to Resolve - Continuous Yet Intermittent Audio & Video Issues Experienced Since... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Let me first preface this by saying that prior to the update, EVERYTHING worked just fine. NONE of the below issues presented! 1 Intermittent Sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cpt_Obvious, Dec 19, 2020.

1. How to Resolve - Continuous Yet Intermittent Audio & Video Issues Experienced Since...

Let me first preface this by saying that prior to the update, EVERYTHING worked just fine. NONE of the below issues presented!

1 Intermittent Sound Distortion
    2 Intermittent Video Lag
    3 Intermittent Mouse Freezes in Place for Half Second
    4 Intermittent System Freezes for Half Second

Since upgrading to Windows 10 20H2, my system has been experience numerous performance issues. Every 2 to 3 seconds I getting an annoying sound distortion on my audio bruuurg bruuurg. As this occurs, if I am playing a video game or watching music or YouTube videos, the video will momentarily freeze and then jump. Also when typing, characters are randomly not typed. The issue presents regardless of which Sound Output device it is pointed to, even when I have disabled the others. Needless to say this was across multiple reboots hard & soft.

My PC consists of the following hardware components:
    - ASUS Z370 Prime P Motherboard updated to latest version of BIOS
    - IntelR CoreTM i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
    - Installed RAM: 32.0 GB
    - Sound Blaster Audigy
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070T1 - 8GB
    - Sharp 50" Monitor LC50LBU591U with built in speakers

The following Output Devices are configured
    - Sound Blaster Audigy
    - Monitor with built in speakers
    - High Definition Audio Device Speakers
    - High Definition Audio Device Headphone
    - NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device Speakers
    - NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device Headphone

Troubleshooting
    I have attempted all of the troubleshooting recommendations posted, with the exception of rolling back to pre-20H2 this is no longer an option and can provide details if interested, but to summarize:

Method 01 - Not in order or sequence, just a summary list
    Via Device Manager
    - Update Driver\s
    - Disable Device\s
    - Enable Device\s
    - Disable Features
    - Uninstall Device\s
    - Re-Install Device\s
    - Re-Install Driver\s

Method 02
    Via Control Panel and then via Programs & Features - Uninstall Programs\Drivers
    - Everything with NVIDIA in the name
    - Everything with Creative Systems in the name
    - High Definition Audio

Power Off System

Physically Removed
    - NVIDIA 1070T1
    - Sound Blaster Audigy

Re-cable to integrated components only
    - Reconnected HDMI cable from Monitor to integrated video port on system board
    - Reconnected audio cable to integrated audio port on system board

Power System Up
    Via Sound Manager - Point Output to High Definition Audio generic windows driver

Wait for it, wait for it..... Yes you guessed it, no matter I have tried the Problem Persists!! I did note that whilst in the BIOS, I did not have the same mouse lag issues, nor did I hear any of the Audio distortion sounds yes there are a few places where you can trigger an audio sound- lol.

Please provide helpful advice\guidance !

Many thanks

:)

Cpt_Obvious, Dec 19, 2020

2. Audio out of sync in video Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue with particular video file or all the video files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving this issue.

Note: The steps mentioned below are applicable to Windows Media player only.

Make sure “Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized

1. Open Windows Media Player.

2. Click on Tools and then on Options

3. Switch to Performance tab.

4. Ensure that a check is next to the "Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized" and "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV files" options.

5. Click "Apply" and click "OK."

Restart Windows Media Player and open a video file. Ensure that the audio and video are in sync.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Audio And Videos files are not playing, not even youtube or any **** videos.

Hi Tista,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your audio and video files can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, driver issues, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • What's the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps that you've taken besides running the audio troubleshooter? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Dec 19, 2020
  4. How to Resolve - Continuous Yet Intermittent Audio & Video Issues Experienced Since...

Audio part of the video is not saving on Windows 10.

Hi Susie,

The issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Software used to create the video.
    • Step forgotten while creating the video.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which software are you using to create the video?
    • Did you skip the step to add audio while creating the video?

You may have skipped the step to add the audio while creating the video. Check if you have followed the steps to add audio while creating the video on the computer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of saving the video on the desktop issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

How to Resolve - Continuous Yet Intermittent Audio & Video Issues Experienced Since...

1. How to Resolve - Continuous Yet Intermittent Audio & Video Issues Experienced Since... - Similar Threads - Resolve Continuous Yet

2. Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels: I've got a super weird technical issue that I wanted to share with you folks, to see if my thinking is correct. A laptop I'm working on has an intermittent issue that causes my voice to become high-pitched it's like listening to a high-pitched cybernetic squirrel, that...
  3. Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels: I've got a super weird technical issue that I wanted to share with you folks, to see if my thinking is correct. A laptop I'm working on has an intermittent issue that causes my voice to become high-pitched it's like listening to a high-pitched cybernetic squirrel, that...
  4. How to resolve Audio issue in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve Audio issue in Windows 10?: How to resolve Audio issue in Windows 10?Method 1: TroubleshooterThe audio troubleshooter might be able to fix audio problems automatically. In the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then...
  5. How to resolve Audio issue in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve Audio issue in Windows 10?: How to resolve Audio issue in Windows 10?Method 1: TroubleshooterThe audio troubleshooter might be able to fix audio problems automatically. In the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then...
  6. How to resolve Audio issue in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Has the "how to disable taskbar tooltips" issue been resolved yet?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has the "how to disable taskbar tooltips" issue been resolved yet?: A number of posts have been made about this issue, and sadly Microsoft appear not to have addressed it. This is the main, most useful description of what is happening, along with an unfortunate slew of responses that appear to completely miss the...
  8. Game video freezes but audio continues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game video freezes but audio continues.: My games freeze, but audio still works. This happens in every game I play, although in something older like Half Life or Doom it just straight up crashes. My drivers are up to date, I ran the sfc /scannow command and I checked for memory issues, but nothing was detected....
  9. Unruly Asus R556L Experiencing Intermittent Graphical Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unruly Asus R556L Experiencing Intermittent Graphical Issues: Hello everyone, I’m trying to figure out what in the hell is wrong with my Windows 10 install on my notebook before heading back to campus Saturday. Specs: Asus R556L Intel i5 5200U 8 GB preinstalled RAM Crucial MX 500 Dual Booting Ubuntu MATE (14.04->16.04->18.04) and...
  10. Unruly Asus R556L Experiencing Intermittent Graphical Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Unruly Asus R556L Experiencing Intermittent Graphical Issues: Hello everyone, I’m trying to figure out what in the hell is wrong with my Windows 10 install on my notebook before heading back to campus Saturday. Specs: Asus R556L Intel i5 5200U 8 GB preinstalled RAM Crucial MX 500 Dual Booting Ubuntu MATE (14.04->16.04->18.04) and...