Windows 10: How To Resolve Firefox Freezing up on Windows 10?

Discus and support How To Resolve Firefox Freezing up on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; https://instanthelpsolution.com/blog/mozilla-firefox-freezing-up/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ayushigupta3, Dec 20, 2019.

1. How To Resolve Firefox Freezing up on Windows 10?

ayushigupta3, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 20, 2019
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 20, 2019
  4. How To Resolve Firefox Freezing up on Windows 10?

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

How To Resolve Firefox Freezing up on Windows 10?

1. How To Resolve Firefox Freezing up on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Resolve Firefox Freezing

2. how to resolve this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to resolve this: i cant update the version of my windows 10 enterprise to 22h2 because it says i need to contac system administrator to be ab,e to update what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resolve-this/26630569-f267-4af5-a3a8-180ba4bfed82
  3. How to resolve this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve this ?: Hello guys, its been a week that my pc been to a computer technician to repair my pc. The problem was that one day, i've got 6 or 7 blue screen with different error codes so i send my pc to a technician to resolve this and i just get it back today. And now, after tried to...
  4. How to resolve this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve this ?: Hello guys, its been a week that my pc been to a computer technician to repair my pc. The problem was that one day, i've got 6 or 7 blue screen with different error codes so i send my pc to a technician to resolve this and i just get it back today. And now, after tried to...
  5. how to resolve

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to resolve: Every time when I click a folder or anything in my desktop or d folder they automatically get transferred to recycle bin and when I try to restore it from recycle bin it ask me delete the file and also pops out as interrupted action.tried all methods with numerous antivirus...
  6. Firefox 84.0.1 freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 84.0.1 freezing: Since updating Firefox to v84.0.1 (64-bit) I have had problems with it 'Freezing' and I have to close it down and relaunch it. I have 'Refreshed' FF and it still did it so I 'Cleared Startup Cache' and it is still 'Freezing' at times. Maybe the next FF update will fix it...
  7. Windows 10 freezes up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes up: I have Windows 10. Recently my hard drive on my desktop computer crashed. After replacing the drive and bringing over my files, the computer keeps periodically freezing up. I have run the registry clean program and eliminated all the bad files. I checked the event log...
  8. mozilla firefox freezes

mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  9. Firefox Freezing

Firefox Freezing: Does anyone else have a problem with Firefox 65.01 64 bit freezing up? I have Windows 10 Version 1903 Build 18346.1 Everything was fine until windows updated yesterday (Feb. 27th) OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18346 Build 18346 System Manufacturer...
  10. RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...: This is a reply/resolution to feedback that I had submitted a while back, that I had for over a year of trying to install the latest updates of Windows 10, and the issues i was having, My suggestion is that the Microsoft team really needs to look into this issue, and try to...