Windows 10: How to resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop code

Discus and support How to resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop code in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve an HP laptop running on 64-bit Windows 10 Home single language os. It suddenly started misbehaving few days back. Windows is not launching at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SaurabhAgrawal6, Apr 11, 2021.

1. How to resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop code

I’ve an HP laptop running on 64-bit Windows 10 Home single language os.

It suddenly started misbehaving few days back. Windows is not launching at all. It keeps on restarting automatically until it flashes blue screen error PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR and enters windows recovery environement.

I have already tried following things from there:

1 see advanced repair opreset my pc: didnt work

2 Start up repair didnt work.

3 running sfc through command prompt didnt work

4 Uninstalling latest quality and feature updates didnt work

5 system restore wont worl as there is no previous restore point

6 unistalled anrivirus through safe mode. That didnt work

7 As a last resort i’ve created a bootable usb drive using windows’ media creation tool. If i boot the pc with usb drive and install windowsp 10, will it result in loss of my personal data?

:)

SaurabhAgrawal6, Apr 11, 2021

2. BSOD pnp_detected_fatal_error

(minidmp, msinfo, speccy)

I'm having some trouble resolving this one on my own. I got the pnp_detected_fatal_error stop error while trying to resolve a USB HDD drive issue. The devices would appear and disappear repeatedly until the stop error occurred.

Any help would we greatly appreciated. TIA

Alena Neumann, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Xruptor Win User
    PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on shutdown or restart? partmgr.sys (partmgr.

Hey all! I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this particular error that has me stumped. I feel that perhaps it's a driver update or a windows update, but I cannot pinpoint the exact cause of this error. It's frustrating to say the least. I do have a computing background and normally I can fix majority of the issues. However, I've spend countless hours researching this problem and it seems to be extremely difficult to pinpoint.

I would say this started about a week ago. Perhaps after the 2004 update or 20H2 update? I don't exactly know. The issue seems to happen regardless of what USB devices I have installed. I've tried the following.

Windows 10, 64-bit

1. Use a different USB mouse.
    2. Uninstall and Reinstall all mouse drivers and software.
    3. Use a different keyboard.
    4. Uninstall and Reinstall all keyboard drivers and software.
    5. Use only the keyboard without the mouse.
    6. Use only the mouse without the keyboard.
    7. Update all USB Chipset drivers.

Nothing above worked. I still get the PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on shutdown or restart. I only have a mouse and keyboard on my PC via the USB ports. I did notice some oddities which are the following.

• If I disconnect the mouse and reattach it, I won't get a BSOD when I shutdown or restart that time. However, any future shutdown or restarts will cause a BSOD. The same applies to the keyboard. This also applies to several different keyboards and mice. It's not one specific one.

The really odd part is I recall an instance when I was playing a game and in the middle of the game the mouse disconnected and then reconnected. I thought nothing of it and figured it was just windows updating in the background or something. I can't say the issue has occurred since then, but it seems quite a coincidence.

Any help you guys could give would be great!!!.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==================================================
    Dump File : 010821-13765-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 1/8/2021 4:49:13 PM
    Bug Check String : PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000ca
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 2 : ffffcd8d`71588530
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : partmgr.sys
    Caused By Address : partmgr.sys+22d1e
    File Description : Partition driver
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010821-13765-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 8
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 19041
    Dump File Size : 1,267,852
    Dump File Time : 1/8/2021 7:46:25 PM

Dump File : 010821-14046-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 1/8/2021 11:47:27 PM
    Bug Check String : PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000ca
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 2 : ffffa78d`3e7df0a0
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : partmgr.sys
    Caused By Address : partmgr.sys+22d1e
    File Description : Partition driver
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010821-14046-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 8
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 19041
    Dump File Size : 1,088,724
    Dump File Time : 1/8/2021 11:51:33 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speccy Snapshot

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1...Ip4mJFNbgq2Iyy

• I did the MemTest86 and did about 3 passes and nothing came up. No errors whatsoever on the memory.

How to resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop code [​IMG]

Xruptor, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

How to resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop code

stop code

Hi,

Conflicts with the hardware driver is one of hte possible reasons why you are having a blue screen error with stop code, NTFS.sys. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Can you provide us the complete stop code message?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    to resolve blue screen issues.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

How to resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop code

1. How to resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop code - Similar Threads - resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop

2. How to resolve code 0x80073cf3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve code 0x80073cf3: How do I resolve code 0x80073cf3 on windows 11 pc. I'm trying to install paramount plus and I can't because the damned code pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resolve-code-0x80073cf3/a9f2725c-985a-4c3e-bd27-9ca4679ad2c4
  3. How to resolve code 0x80073cf3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve code 0x80073cf3: How do I resolve code 0x80073cf3 on windows 11 pc. I'm trying to install paramount plus and I can't because the damned code pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resolve-code-0x80073cf3/a9f2725c-985a-4c3e-bd27-9ca4679ad2c4
  4. BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other: Hi! I'm using Acer Nitro 5 AN515- 57 laptop running on i5-1100H with RTX 3050. It came with Win10 and I upgraded to Win11, 10 months ago. I've been getting BSOD for a couple of months now with the following stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR....
  5. BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other: Hi! I'm using Acer Nitro 5 AN515- 57 laptop running on i5-1100H with RTX 3050. It came with Win10 and I upgraded to Win11, 10 months ago. I've been getting BSOD for a couple of months now with the following stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR....
  6. pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup: Hi all, I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit on a 5-year-old-ish Dell Inspiron 15 7458. After having some persistent Bluetooth issues, I looked to see if there were any system updates that were pending, and found that there were a couple of optional ones waiting in the...
  7. PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR: Alright so, i just jumped onto my pc today and saw a few cumulative updates were pending under settings. My pc has always been a mess. But my issue today was as it was applying the updates it said it failed to apply the updates and restarted. I waited a few seconds to show it...
  8. how to resolve stop code: Critical Structure Corruption

how to resolve stop code: Critical Structure Corruption: My computer blue screens with a stop code: Critical Structure Corruption message. I have reloaded drivers, updates, etc. but continue to reboot. What are other options?...
  9. how to resolve a stop code problem

how to resolve a stop code problem: My computer keeps going blank then I get a message about a stop code. It shuts my computer then starts it up again. What is going on and how can I resolve this issue. I have windows 10...
  10. How to resolve frequent stop code errors?

How to resolve frequent stop code errors?: Yesterday, I got this brand new laptop. Now, it's frequently been restarting randomly while I was using it due to stop code errors. Today it restarted 3 times. 3. times. The errors weren't all the same, all different. I don't remember all of the codes unfortunately. I'm not...