Windows 10: How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop

Discus and support How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Asus TUF A15 laptop has sleep problem , When I press power button and let it sleep , it doesn't actually go to sleep. As I click any buttons it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sandesh Lamichhane, Jan 25, 2023.

1. How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop

My Asus TUF A15 laptop has sleep problem , When I press power button and let it sleep , it doesn't actually go to sleep. As I click any buttons it automatically reopens without security screen : I don't have to enter password which I have to when I open it for first time after shutting down my laptop.Because of this problem I am unable to leave my laptop on sleep as anyone can open it without password.

:)

Sandesh Lamichhane, Jan 25, 2023

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 25, 2023
  3. antzshrek Win User
    Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Jan 25, 2023
  4. ram93 Win User

How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop

1. How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop - Similar Threads - resolve sleep problem

2. How to resolve the problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve the problem?: Hello, I've recently purchased my laptop.. and i did disk partitioning.. I'm new user so i made some mistake while partitioning .. but after that i keep getting pop up message of bad imageC:\Users\prana\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive 24.020.0128.0003 \adal.dll is either not...
  3. How to resolve the problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve the problem?: Hello, I've recently purchased my laptop.. and i did disk partitioning.. I'm new user so i made some mistake while partitioning .. but after that i keep getting pop up message of bad imageC:\Users\prana\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive 24.020.0128.0003 \adal.dll is either not...
  4. How to resolve this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve this problem: My login screen is showing error which is something happened to your pin and your pin isn't available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resolve-this-problem/f418d75a-e056-4c1e-a555-cf2328c68d48
  5. How to resolve this problem

How to resolve this problem: My login screen is showing error which is something happened to your pin and your pin isn't available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resolve-this-problem/f418d75a-e056-4c1e-a555-cf2328c68d48
  6. My camera is not working. How to resolve this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera is not working. How to resolve this problem?: I tried to open my laptop camera it is not working and showing that thing I already provided the picture. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-how-to-resolve-this/ccc41830-4741-4cca-a4bf-dfeb57f43441
  7. My camera is not working. How to resolve this problem?

My camera is not working. How to resolve this problem?: I tried to open my laptop camera it is not working and showing that thing I already provided the picture. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-how-to-resolve-this/ccc41830-4741-4cca-a4bf-dfeb57f43441
  8. How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop

How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop: My Asus TUF A15 laptop has sleep problem , When I press power button and let it sleep , it doesn't actually go to sleep. As I click any buttons it automatically reopens without security screen : I don't have to enter password which I have to when I open it for first time...
  9. Laptop sleeping problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop sleeping problem: Hi! So I desperately need some help and id hope someone out there could tell me what I can do. Ive had my new laptop for about a year now and lately when I put it to sleep and then try to wake it up, sometimes the side lights come on but the screen remains black. The only...
  10. laptop sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop sleep problem: I have a lenovo z510 laptop for 5 years and it used to sleep when I press to button or I choose sleep from Alt+F4 window or I close the lid until 3 or 4 months ago. But since then when I try to go to sleep, the fan is speeding up, screen is going to black and the system is...