Windows 10: How to restart client-side RDP services for authentication

Discus and support How to restart client-side RDP services for authentication in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I frequently use RDP from my laptop to connect to servers.We use a Yubikey for authentication.The problem I keep experiencing, is when I put my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by adrianmarsh, May 18, 2021.

1. How to restart client-side RDP services for authentication

Hi,I frequently use RDP from my laptop to connect to servers.We use a Yubikey for authentication.The problem I keep experiencing, is when I put my laptop to sleep.1 If I leave the RDP session running, then frequently the whole RDP window locks up. I can kill the RDP process on my laptop but then I immediately hit issue #22 When I resume, or post-lockup, Windows won't recognise the Yubikey is connected. It prompts for "Enter your credentials" but as at the yubikey isn't listed, I can't select it.Sometimes the solution is to eject the Yubikey and reinsert it. However, i

:)

adrianmarsh, May 18, 2021
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

Hi K.Kong,

The question that you have is too complex to be answered here in the Microsoft Answers forums. For more information regarding
    Remote Desktop Configurations and Windows Servers, I suggest that you post your question on our
    TechNet forums instead. I found some posts there that might help you. You can access them in the following links:

RDP issues, remote computers
    requires network level authentication

Configure Network Level Authentication for Remote Desktop
    Services Connections

Regards.

Ariel Aba, May 18, 2021
  3. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, May 18, 2021
  4. petrib Win User

How to restart client-side RDP services for authentication

rdp client

I haven seen a good or bad, free or commercial RDP client for S60.

Would an SSH client do?

PuTTY for Symbian OS

petrib, May 18, 2021
Thema:

How to restart client-side RDP services for authentication

1. How to restart client-side RDP services for authentication - Similar Threads - restart client side

2. client side error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    client side error: i've been trying to fix this issue on this website where it'll say "application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more information." after i've clicked a button for a checkout on something i was gonna buy. i've cleared the cache and...
  3. client side error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    client side error: i've been trying to fix this issue on this website where it'll say "application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more information." after i've clicked a button for a checkout on something i was gonna buy. i've cleared the cache and...
  4. how to authenticate Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to authenticate Microsoft services: how to authenticate Microsoft services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-authenticate-microsoft-services/5c9fa3c3-8c37-4207-a6fc-bbdc577b85d9
  5. how to authenticate Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to authenticate Microsoft services: how to authenticate Microsoft services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-authenticate-microsoft-services/5c9fa3c3-8c37-4207-a6fc-bbdc577b85d9
  6. how do i fix a client side error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix a client side error: i was on a website that i visit frequently and all of a sudden it saidApplication error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more information.what is this and how do i fix it? Is this a MS issue or chrome. The website repeats this if i try to go...
  7. rdp client in win10 home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rdp client in win10 home: [ATTACH] everything i search comes up on how to enable the server. can someone with win10 home confirm if the RDP CLIENT not SERVER is in Win10? This one: https://preview.redd.it/0lc31j538h541.png?width=407&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb47cdd3255acd6129695e7c50867d3e4d44d3ab...
  8. RDP hanging and crashing on client machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP hanging and crashing on client machine: Hey guys, I hope you are well! I am running into a hang and crash with RDP in between Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2. I have an application running as a remote app on the Windows Server 2008 R2 and in certain cases it seems to be hanging when viewing from Windows...
  9. RDP client crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP client crashes: Hello Community, Recenty I upgraded to Widows 1803 (OS BUILD 17134.228) Ever since this upgrade, I am unable to RDP to my machine from any other device, running different versions of Windows. The only thing that happens is the Login prompt comes up, I logon, I see a black...
  10. How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?: I have not done anything related to NLA for my Windows 10 Professional. However, I am unable to connect to Windows Servers that have restricted their connections to only those using NLA. I wonder why my PC does not have NLA or NLA enabled. How do I set it up? Thanks....