Windows 10: How to restart my computer

Discus and support How to restart my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. So my computer has been acting pretty slow and pretty weird, but I'm scared when I put my computer back it will add all the setup files again, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AvisRadford426, Oct 20, 2021.

1. How to restart my computer

Hi. So my computer has been acting pretty slow and pretty weird, but I'm scared when I put my computer back it will add all the setup files again, so how can I restart my computer?

:)

AvisRadford426, Oct 20, 2021
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Oct 20, 2021
  4. How to restart my computer

Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

How to restart my computer

1. How to restart my computer - Similar Threads - restart computer

2. XML File appearing on desktop every time I restart the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XML File appearing on desktop every time I restart the computer: I noticed a .xml file named "ServiceDataIntegrated" that is reappearing every time I restart my computer. I delete it each time. I have opened the file and it seems to be blank. I went into the properties under security and noticed that there are several groups/user names I...
  3. XML File appearing on desktop every time I restart the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XML File appearing on desktop every time I restart the computer: I noticed a .xml file named "ServiceDataIntegrated" that is reappearing every time I restart my computer. I delete it each time. I have opened the file and it seems to be blank. I went into the properties under security and noticed that there are several groups/user names I...
  4. Computer screen blacks out and restarts or bluescreens after new cpu and windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen blacks out and restarts or bluescreens after new cpu and windows 11 update: I just got a new ryzen 7 5700x for my custom built pc and it was running perfectly fine until i upgraded my cpu. After that i booted into windows 10 and tried to update drivers and what not and thst was a whole trek on its own. The computer was freezing and seizing up before...
  5. Computer screen blacks out and restarts or bluescreens after new cpu and windows 11 update

Computer screen blacks out and restarts or bluescreens after new cpu and windows 11 update: I just got a new ryzen 7 5700x for my custom built pc and it was running perfectly fine until i upgraded my cpu. After that i booted into windows 10 and tried to update drivers and what not and thst was a whole trek on its own. The computer was freezing and seizing up before...
  6. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  7. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  8. My computer restarted unexpectedly during windows installation encountered an unexpected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer restarted unexpectedly during windows installation encountered an unexpected...: My computer restarted unexpectedly during windows installation encountered an unexpected error. How do I make another installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarted-unexpectedly-during-windows/f0ad005c-a228-4435-b615-04bcd4fada18
  9. My computer restarted unexpectedly during windows installation encountered an unexpected...

My computer restarted unexpectedly during windows installation encountered an unexpected...: My computer restarted unexpectedly during windows installation encountered an unexpected error. How do I make another installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarted-unexpectedly-during-windows/f0ad005c-a228-4435-b615-04bcd4fada18
  10. Computer randomly restarted, now "Bluetooth is turned off" on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly restarted, now "Bluetooth is turned off" on my device.: Hi, I was just working and listening to music when suddenly my computer shut off. It turned back on again and looks like it just restarted, but as soon as I logged back on I couldn't connect my headphones. I go to check my settings, and it says "Bluetooth is turned off"....