Windows 10: How to restart/stop Windows Update, since it has been like this for 2 days?

Discus and support How to restart/stop Windows Update, since it has been like this for 2 days? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lolpo555 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lolpo555, Dec 1, 2019.

1. How to restart/stop Windows Update, since it has been like this for 2 days?

/u/Lolpo555, Dec 1, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to restart/stop Windows Update, since it has been like this for 2 days? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Mouse stopped working 2 days ago

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons for this matter to occur. One possible cause is your
    drivers
    might be
    outdated
    or the issue is within the
    device/hardware
    itself. However, we need to make sure that it is the case. To isolate the issue, we have
    some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried downloading and installing the latest driver update available in your computer/laptop manufacturer's
      website?

• Have you tried using the device to another computer?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    Device Vendor manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 1, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

How to restart/stop Windows Update, since it has been like this for 2 days?

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

How to restart/stop Windows Update, since it has been like this for 2 days?

1. How to restart/stop Windows Update, since it has been like this for 2 days? - Similar Threads - restart stop Update

2. Can't stop Windows 10 memory test...been 2 days now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop Windows 10 memory test...been 2 days now.: Hello. How do you stop the Windows memory diagnostic tool? It's been running for more than 2 days and I only have 1 stick of 8gb DDR4 memory in the machine. I tried the escape button but the blue diagnostic screen keeps coming back.Thanks......
  3. Why are my small icons like this? Taskbar is at full size, it has been like this since an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my small icons like this? Taskbar is at full size, it has been like this since an...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zDavzBR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wpfhml/why_are_my_small_icons_like_this_taskbar_is_at/
  4. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been resetting for 2 day.: My PC has been resetting for 2 days. I chose the remove every file option. The screen has been just black and it keeps on restarting the pc.turning pc on is this normal? If not, could you all give me some tips or tricks?...
  5. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has been resetting for 2 day.: My PC has been resetting for 2 days. I chose the remove every file option. The screen has been just black and it keeps on restarting the pc.turning pc on is this normal? If not, could you all give me some tips or tricks?...
  6. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. It's been like this for 2 days, someone please help.

It's been like this for 2 days, someone please help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KlosarNiKola [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsxeid/its_been_like_this_for_2_days_someone_please_help/
  8. Windows won't restart after installing updates, problem has been going on since February

Windows won't restart after installing updates, problem has been going on since February: I have been having problems since February with the following set of updates. On my settings it keeps stating the following: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4551762)...
  9. My laptop has been like this for 2 days now. Every time it finishes and restarts it comes...

My laptop has been like this for 2 days now. Every time it finishes and restarts it comes...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MyCatIsNotReal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8xh9r/my_laptop_has_been_like_this_for_2_days_now_every/
  10. So this keeps happening. Been like that since today's morning. Already restarted, updated...

So this keeps happening. Been like that since today's morning. Already restarted, updated...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RodOM1502 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejkykm/so_this_keeps_happening_been_like_that_since/