Windows 10: How to restart the Microsoft Store

Discus and support How to restart the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had a problem with downloading the app "Films & TV" from the Microsoft Store that ended with error Code: 0x80070005The reason for a reinstall this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by iloinen, May 19, 2023.

1. iloinen Win User

How to restart the Microsoft Store

I had a problem with downloading the app "Films & TV" from the Microsoft Store that ended with error Code: 0x80070005The reason for a reinstall this app was because I had problems with running this app after I tried to load a mp4 file.So my first reaction was to uninstall this app and to reinstall a fresh one.After searching the community I found how to resolve error Code: 0x80070005 in microsoft storeof July 30, 2020.From that message I executed the steps of John Dev which I copied here below:John DeVIndependent AdvisorReplied on July 30, 2020Report abuseHello DINBANDHUSAH,I'm John

:)

iloinen, May 19, 2023

2. Microsoft Store

Hi James,

To resolve your concern about Windows Store, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter
    • Restart the PC, sign in with your Microsoft user account and check if you are able to find Windows Store.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 19, 2023
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Microsoft store.

Hi Monty,

The error message Windows cannot find ‘ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again means that your Microsoft Store is not registered. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below
    to re-register your Microsoft Store:

• Press the Windows button + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, enter the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
    • Restart your PC and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, May 19, 2023
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Error with Microsoft Store

Hi RafayShabbir,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the best resolution for your concern with your Microsoft store.

Step 1: Reset the Microsoft Store cache

• Press Win + S. This will open Windows search bar.
    • Type “cmd”, and then simultaneously press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter key”.
    • Click on the Yes button.
    • Then type in “Wsreset” and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Step 2: Run app troubleshooter

• In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Windows store app troubleshooter.
    • Click next and follow the instruction.

Note: Once after the inbuilt
    troubleshooter complete, I suggest you to restart the computer.

Steps 3: Install Windows update

• Press Windows key from the keyboard and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, May 19, 2023
Thema:

1. How to restart the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - restart Microsoft Store

2. Roblox from microsoft store restarts the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox from microsoft store restarts the computer: Please help me, I run roblox from microsoft store and a second later my computer restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-from-microsoft-store-restarts-the-computer/519ff065-35ed-4eb2-87d9-20b5ec751ef8
  3. Roblox from microsoft store restarts the computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox from microsoft store restarts the computer: Please help me, I run roblox from microsoft store and a second later my computer restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-from-microsoft-store-restarts-the-computer/519ff065-35ed-4eb2-87d9-20b5ec751ef8
  4. How to restart the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restart the Microsoft Store: I had a problem with downloading the app "Films & TV" from the Microsoft Store that ended with error Code: 0x80070005The reason for a reinstall this app was because I had problems with running this app after I tried to load a mp4 file.So my first reaction was to uninstall...
  5. How to restart the Microsoft Store

How to restart the Microsoft Store: I had a problem with downloading the app "Films & TV" from the Microsoft Store that ended with error Code: 0x80070005The reason for a reinstall this app was because I had problems with running this app after I tried to load a mp4 file.So my first reaction was to uninstall...
  6. Compeletly restarting Microsoft Store.

Compeletly restarting Microsoft Store.: I posted a question before about the problem I'm having on Microsoft store. Only one reply came and it didn't help me I'm thinking about resetting my machine but before that I want to know if there is any way to compeletly restart MS store without resetting the whole...
  7. Compeletly restarting Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compeletly restarting Microsoft Store.: I posted a question before about the problem I'm having on Microsoft store. Only one reply came and it didn't help me I'm thinking about resetting my machine but before that I want to know if there is any way to compeletly restart MS store without resetting the whole...
  8. Compeletly restarting Microsoft Store.

9. Microsoft Store/Xbox Store account changes after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store/Xbox Store account changes after restart: When I restart my PC, my Microsoft Store account changes the one that I log in to my PC with is different from the store account that I use, so when I go to the Xbox app to play my game pass games, I have to change the store account back to the my "gaming account" which is...
  10. Microsoft Store Restarting Downloads After Pausing & Restarts

Microsoft Store Restarting Downloads After Pausing & Restarts: I have recently started downloading Forza 4 via the Microsoft store and realized that every time i pause or restart my pc that the download restarts? Is Windows/Microsoft Store intentionally throwing away the downloaded button? and if that's the case, is there a setting to...