Windows 10: How to restart Windows like Windows Update does keeping all my browswer Tabs

Discus and support How to restart Windows like Windows Update does keeping all my browswer Tabs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:13 AM Whenever Windows updates and offers me to restart my system, after restarting all my browser Windows that were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickKyle, Sep 26, 2019.

1. RickKyle Win User

How to restart Windows like Windows Update does keeping all my browswer Tabs

Thursday, September 26, 2019

11:13 AM

Whenever Windows updates and offers me to restart my system, after restarting all my browser Windows that were open when the system restarted reopen automatically. This is really GREAT for me as I am usually working continuously on a large number of browser windows/tabs and I can just continue where I left off after restarting.

My PC usually stays on continuously with these browser windows open. I almost never turn it off or restart. the most I do is let it sleep when I'm away, and then wake it up when I'm back to continue my work.

Sometimes tho when the system is on for a long time and something is not working very well, a restart is required, but if I tell the PC to restart normally, I loose all my browser Windows/tabs and have to remember/reopen everything I had open.

My question is. Is there a way to make Windows restart the same way it does when the restart is initiated by Windows Update so I can get my browser windows back after restart? Is there a command for that?

:)

RickKyle, Sep 26, 2019
  2. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Sep 26, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. W1zzard Win User

Curious small window bug - Win7 - UPDATE: Command line -tab parameter issue?

Any steps to reproduce? GPU-Z dynamically changes the window border/size to enable resize only when sensor tab is active

W1zzard, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. How to restart Windows like Windows Update does keeping all my browswer Tabs - Similar Threads - restart Update does

2. Why does my game keep tabbing out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my game keep tabbing out?: everytime i go play my game tabs out. i have to click the screen and then back onto the tab, i searched on the web how to fix and i saw smh abt updating the drivers and i had all of them updated. i dont rly understnad what is going on. i havent downloaded something reasently...
  3. Why are all my updates in the "Windows Update" settings tab not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are all my updates in the "Windows Update" settings tab not working?: For the past few months I've been experiencing issues related to my Windows updates and im not entirely sure why. when i try to update anything itll just say "Download Error" on every single one. i cant even use my Xbox app or microsoft store to install things either. any...
  4. Why are all my updates in the "Windows Update" settings tab not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are all my updates in the "Windows Update" settings tab not working?: For the past few months I've been experiencing issues related to my Windows updates and im not entirely sure why. when i try to update anything itll just say "Download Error" on every single one. i cant even use my Xbox app or microsoft store to install things either. any...
  5. Uninstall chrome browswer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall chrome browswer?: Switching browser to Edge in Lenovo Ideapad but I can't seem to uninstall chrome browser...what am I doing wrong? Thanks, I hope https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-chrome-browswer/e1c6475c-96b1-4b5d-9cff-d7b514581be0
  6. Windows Updater does not restart

Windows Updater does not restart: During these weeks, when I first sit down in the morning, I get a blue window telling me to restart for Windows Updater to complete the update. Why is it updated so frequently? Sometimes three times a day....
  7. browswer update

browswer update: When I try and play certain games it wont let me, it tells me to update my browser??? My windows is all up to date I have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browswer-update/a270c162-700e-4800-a62f-60948246367b
  8. Removing Brave Browswer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Removing Brave Browswer.: How do I remove Brave Browser from my Dell Computer because its slowing down The Computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-brave-browswer/d59c1df6-a573-4bca-9a06-69df43003150
  9. Windows keeps restarting all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps restarting all the time: I have a new All-in-One Desktop PC (HP425Z) but faced with an irritating issue. It keeps restarting for no reason all the time. I unchecked the automatic restart button and thought I fixed this issue. However, it has come up again. Is the problem with Windows or hardware?...
  10. windows 10 keeps restarting my computer for updates but does nothing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 keeps restarting my computer for updates but does nothing: I keep getting the Update massage saying my computer needs to be restarted for windows 10 update. Thing is every time it restarts nothing is downloaded and it just does it all over again like 15 minutes later. The Update it says its going to install is this Upgrade to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whenever click on update & security tab its restart

2. window keeping hanging on restart after update