Windows 10: How to restore a deleted user profile with .bak extention in registry?

Discus and support How to restore a deleted user profile with .bak extention in registry? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Recently when I tried to open my windows 10 laptop it logged in as a temporary profile. So,when I found out about the problem from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eshan Reddy, Apr 5, 2020.

1. How to restore a deleted user profile with .bak extention in registry?

Hi everyone,

Recently when I tried to open my windows 10 laptop it logged in as a temporary profile.

So,when I found out about the problem from some websites and videos, I found that we need to delete a profile from Regedit command and under profile list. So, as the instructions follow, instead of deleting the SID with .bak at the end I've deleted the SID without .bak after changing the value data. After my system restarted everything I've got a new profile and I've lost all my important files,documents and pictures.

SO PLEASE, can you guys tell me how to restore my original profile and fix this issue.

Thanks a lot

:)

Eshan Reddy, Apr 5, 2020
  2. amd1234 Win User

accidentally deleted .bak user registry

Hi

I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile".

I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with .bak. that didnt work and another solution was to deleted the one with .bak and rename the profilepath of the one without bak to take me to the
    user account. I tried that but it turned out to be a mistake and now all my documents and files from that user name are gone.

Is there a way to recover this user registry/with my data?

Please help

amd1234, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    User Profile Service problem

Hi Wendy,

Based on the details provided, it is possible that the user profile service failed or your user profile cannot be
    loaded which caused the issue to occur. We recommend that you perform this troubleshooting and see if there are any changes:

• Open registry by pressing
      Windows key + R
      and type
      Regedit.

• Locate
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\.

• Search for 2 identical registry keys that are differentiated by
      .bak
      extension(i.exxxxxx1234.bak
      & xxxxxx1234).

• Delete
      the registry key
      "without"
      the
      .bak extension.

• Rename
      the registry key that has
      "no".bak
      extension.

• On the right, locate
      RefCount
      and change the value to

Important:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following
    Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

How to back up and restore the registry
    in Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Hemz Win User

How to restore a deleted user profile with .bak extention in registry?

Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit

I had the issue of logging on my Windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile".

I checked for solutions online and one was to go to RegEdit, delete the temp user registry and rename the one with .bak by removing .bak. That didnt work and another solution was to delete the one with .bak and rename the profilepath of the one without .bak
    to take me to the user account. I tried that but it turned out to be a mistake and now all my documents and files from that user are gone.

I tried to see if i could do a system restore but it says no restore points have been created.

Is there a way to recover this user?

Hemz, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

How to restore a deleted user profile with .bak extention in registry?

1. How to restore a deleted user profile with .bak extention in registry? - Similar Threads - restore deleted user

2. How to delete user profile in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete user profile in windows: How to delete the user profile from the bootup screen. using Flash drive how to Delete multiple profiles from computers, using Flash drive is there any option to delete through a USB drive?...
  3. User profile service failed and there is no .bak file in regedit

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User profile service failed and there is no .bak file in regedit: Accidentally, I've changed the location of one of the user folders and that user did not have admin privileges. When I tried to switch accounts for entering that user's account "User Profile Service failed" error appears. But the windows also does not show my other account...
  4. User Profile Service failed and there is no .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Profile Service failed and there is no .bak file: Accidentally, I've changed the location of one of the user folders and that user did not have admin privileges. When I tried to switch accounts for entering that user's account "User Profile Service failed" error appears. But the windows also does not show my other account...
  5. .bak profile deleted using the regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .bak profile deleted using the regedit: hello..need help here.. i've deleted my .bak profile using the regedit..i thot it was the profile w/ error..leaving the temporary profile & using it now as the main profile..i can't system restore nor create one..what will i do..cant access the files of my computer. can i...
  6. Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file: Yeah so I feel like a complete idiot right now. I got the temp profile issue and meant to delete the non .bak, but deleted the bak on accident. What should I do? submitted by /u/colepher2 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to Delete a User Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete a User Profile: I know nothing about softwares and how they work., let alone this whole OneDrive thing. I have a new notebook and I copied some files from an external hard drive. I didn't realise that it was saving everything to OneDrive. I got a message to say that my OneDrive had run out...
  8. how to recover profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to recover profile .bak file: Friends, I have accidently deleted Windows .bak profile file from regedit menu & now unable to see my important data. Please advise on how to recover it ? regards Padmaraj...
  9. Deleted .bak file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted .bak file: Hey. I've accidentally deleted my .bak file instead of renaming it because I was having the "we couldn't sign into your account" thing. Now I'm permanently locked out of my account and in some random one. I really don't want to lose my stuff and I just need a solution on how...
  10. Restore user profile accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore user profile accidentally deleted: Hi, I tried to delete my secondary user account and I accidentally deleted both of them. I lost almost everything. Is there any way it can be recovered? with the previous settings and all that? I do not have a restore back up date. None of the files I had on my desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. change profile from bak

3. regedit profile list does it beed .bak

4. profile .bak registry recover,
  5. windows 7 temp profile restore user