Windows 10: How to restore a Windows 10-based computer to a previous Windows 10 installation by using...

Discus and support How to restore a Windows 10-based computer to a previous Windows 10 installation by using... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I just have tried to upgrade from Windows 10 1809 x64 to Windows 10 1903 x64 using an ISO on an installation USB key. But, stupid me (really), I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klint om, Sep 9, 2019.

1. klint om Win User

How to restore a Windows 10-based computer to a previous Windows 10 installation by using...

Hi

I just have tried to upgrade from Windows 10 1809 x64 to Windows 10 1903 x64 using an ISO on an installation USB key.

But, stupid me (really), I end up by installing a fresh and empty Windows 10 1903 on my laptop, with the old version moved to the windows.old folder.

Fortunately, the windows.old folder now seems to contain the previous Windows 10 version, as well as all the previously installed programs and data.

I would like to restore the previous system+programs+data manually, similarly to what is explained here for windows 7:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971760/how-to-restore-a-windows-7-based-computer-to-a-previous-windows-instal

Would this work and what would be the difference with the above help page in the context of Windows 10 x64?

Thanks How to restore a Windows 10-based computer to a previous Windows 10 installation by using... :)

:)

klint om, Sep 9, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 9, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

How to restore a Windows 10-based computer to a previous Windows 10 installation by using...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to restore a Windows 10-based computer to a previous Windows 10 installation by using... - Similar Threads - restore based computer

2. Restoring to a previous version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring to a previous version of windows 10: Due to a failed windows update I lost my entire OS and had to reinstall, losing all the data and programs that had not yet been backed up. With the new build, some of my apps do not work correctly some have known issues that the developer is working on. They worked well in...
  3. How to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]This post covers how to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows […] This article How to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows 10? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10: How do you restore previous versions feature on windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-restore-previous-versions-feature-on/48cbdb99-8c49-4b37-97ea-d7d44b9cd6ca
  5. How to use Recovery Drive to restore Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Recovery Drive to restore Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]Essentially, a Recovery Drive stores a copy of your Windows 10 environment without your personal files and desktop applications on another source, such as a […] This article How to use Recovery Drive to restore Windows 10 computer first appeared on...
  6. restore windows 10 to previous date

restore windows 10 to previous date: restore windows 10 to past date after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-10-to-previous-date/25974bd1-b6e2-4eaa-8dc8-7ff947a4cf14
  7. CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 10 ON UEFI BASED COMPUTER USING WINDOWS PE 10

CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 10 ON UEFI BASED COMPUTER USING WINDOWS PE 10: For doing clean installation of windows 10 on seperate ssd or hdd on new computer using windows 10 PE Go to bios , disable secure boot , disable uefi mode , enable legacy usb , enable CSM , save and exit. Boot the computer with windows preinstallation environment...
  8. Windows Restore: system restore from a previous installation of Windows 10

Windows Restore: system restore from a previous installation of Windows 10: Hello, My operating system recently had a turd and could not be recovered using the windows recovery tool. So I had to reinstall windows 10 Pro. upon reinstalling Windows I tried to access my restore point I had created in a secondary drive. but when using "backup" in...
  9. windows 10 restores to previous version after 95% installation

windows 10 restores to previous version after 95% installation: the download of w10 got completed and the installation after 95% restarts and says restoring your previous version. now it is again downloading the 2700 MB. pls hlp! 9927
  10. Windows 10 restoring automatically to previous version after install

Windows 10 restoring automatically to previous version after install: I have tried 3 times to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7. Each time everything goes great then on completion i get the message restoring to to windows 7 and i am back to square one. Any suggestions anyone please ?????*Mad 13562