Windows 10: How to restore an icon that has been removedfrom my desktop in Windows 10

Discus and support How to restore an icon that has been removedfrom my desktop in Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Last month a guest in my home used my computer to check her emails and in the process accidently deleted/removed my AOL version 9.81 icon. It isn't in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Ed Licht, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Ed Licht Win User

How to restore an icon that has been removedfrom my desktop in Windows 10

Last month a guest in my home used my computer to check her emails and in the process accidently deleted/removed my AOL version 9.81 icon. It isn't in my recycle bin and I can't find AOL listed in my control panel under programs. The Windows store only offers AOL Gold...which I don't want. Is it possible that the deleted icon still resides somewhere on my computer? BTW: I have recently learned my lesson and created a restore point but that won't do me any good at this point.

Thanks for any help you may pass along

Ed

:)

Ed Licht, Feb 21, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 21, 2020
  4. How to restore an icon that has been removedfrom my desktop in Windows 10

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

How to restore an icon that has been removedfrom my desktop in Windows 10

1. How to restore an icon that has been removedfrom my desktop in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - restore icon has

2. how to restore a product key that has been deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore a product key that has been deleted: I lost my product key because I typed slmgr rearm in cmd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-a-product-key-that-has-been-deleted/08bcb220-d713-41cf-a54b-12693492657e
  3. how to restore a product key that has been deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to restore a product key that has been deleted: I lost my product key because I typed slmgr rearm in cmd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-a-product-key-that-has-been-deleted/08bcb220-d713-41cf-a54b-12693492657e
  4. My windows defender has been deleted how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows defender has been deleted how do I restore it?: Hi everyone,Hopefully you all are having a great day because I am not have a great day. My windows defender has been deleted by a malware; how did I got the malware? Don't ask me that. So how can I restore my windows defender? I dont want to restore or reset my pc because...
  5. My windows defender has been deleted how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows defender has been deleted how do I restore it?: Hi everyone,Hopefully you all are having a great day because I am not have a great day. My windows defender has been deleted by a malware; how did I got the malware? Don't ask me that. So how can I restore my windows defender? I dont want to restore or reset my pc because...
  6. My windows defender has been deleted how do I restore it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. the layout of my desktop icons has changed, how do i restore it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    the layout of my desktop icons has changed, how do i restore it?: the layout of my desktop icons has changed, how do i restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-layout-of-my-desktop-icons-has-changed-how-do/e2f781aa-ca3b-4300-af66-9aed5fa81032
  8. My desktop icons and layout changed, how to restore to default????"?

My desktop icons and layout changed, how to restore to default????"?: recently, my desktop layout suddenly changed. I've tried to change things in the registry editor, but it only thing worst. I've also looked on tutorials and articles about how to restore my desktop settings to the default. All of them were outdated because of windows...
  9. How can I restore my icons that have been deleted in Windows 10?

How can I restore my icons that have been deleted in Windows 10?: How can I restore my icons that have been deleted in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-my-icons-that-have-been-deleted/cf0a3e86-bd35-42cf-94a4-bbc947491e07
  10. restore desktop icons

restore desktop icons: I have lost all my desk top icons and the Recycle Bin. I have tried to restore it from a backup, but it doesn't do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/restore-desktop-icons/ff92347b-d559-4dfe-9837-18c5be4fb0e4