Windows 10: How to restore Autoplay ?

Discus and support How to restore Autoplay ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Autoplay used to work well for permanently connected drives, whose power could be turned ON and OFF for the one connected by SATA and for the other the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, Aug 9, 2021.

1. How to restore Autoplay ?

Autoplay used to work well for permanently connected drives, whose power could be turned ON and OFF for the one connected by SATA and for the other the USB connection could be toggled. Now they do not Autoplay. I have checked the configurations of Control Panel, Settings, Registry and Services - they are all as they should be. I have done a cleanboot, and that still left Autoplay disabled. How can I restore Autoplay ? I run x32Win10ProV21H1

:)

Sebastian42, Aug 9, 2021

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

How to restore Autoplay ? autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 9, 2021
  3. autoplay feature

Hi Drivhardd,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question for better clarification on the issues.

1. Do you have any issues? Do you see any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps given below to fix this.

a) Open AutoPlay by pressing Windows key + W,

b) Enter AutoPlay in the search box, Click on Settings, and then click on AutoPlay.

c) In the drop-down list next to the device or type of media, choose Open folder to view files.

d) Please Check the Option Use Autoplay for all media and devices.

e) Click on Save.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Sudharshan M K, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How to restore Autoplay ?

Problems with autoplay and my JVC camcorder

Hi Marchony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

Method 3 : Follow these steps to specify what should happen when you insert different types of digital media into your computer.

1. Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button, in the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay.

2. Under MEDIA, find the type of media that you want to change the AutoPlay setting for.

3. Click the action that you want AutoPlay to take when you insert CD/DVD into your computer.

4. Click Save.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

How to restore Autoplay ?

1. How to restore Autoplay ? - Similar Threads - restore Autoplay

2. How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?: I need to know how do I restore the task view button on my laptop, and also the calendar on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-the-task-bar-button-in-windows/be2347f2-212b-4c01-962d-3b6871173b8f
  3. How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?: I need to know how do I restore the task view button on my laptop, and also the calendar on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-the-task-bar-button-in-windows/be2347f2-212b-4c01-962d-3b6871173b8f
  4. Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC: I am running Windows 11 Home insider build and i need to restore my pc but i get error code 0x80071ab0 when i try to restore it. It seems like it restored but when i log into the pc it shows me this error. How can i fix it?...
  5. Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible: Hi, I hope somebody can support me here:After the installation of some photo editing software on my wife's computer all the autoplay options are either gone or overwritten.See picture:Please note, that I'm using the German version, but the German community was not very...
  6. Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible: Hi, I hope somebody can support me here:After the installation of some photo editing software on my wife's computer all the autoplay options are either gone or overwritten.See picture:Please note, that I'm using the German version, but the German community was not very...
  7. Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Restoring autoplay after windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring autoplay after windows upgrade: Every time I do a Windows upgrade, Autoplay gets cancelled and I need to reset it in Control Panel and also in Registry. To simplify the routine procedure, I would like a registry hack that changes 'e' to '1' in the value of the DWORD : 'NoDriveTypeAutoRun' under...
  9. Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows: I and others have asked this question before, but no luck so far. The Photos app is terrible, I've gone back to Windows Photo Viewer using the excellent tutorial. Windows Photo Viewer - Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Is there a way to go back to Import...
  10. Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds...