Windows 10: how to restore back to internet explore

Discus and support how to restore back to internet explore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; need to restore back to internet explore ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by janice Dickson, May 12, 2020.

1. how to restore back to internet explore

need to restore back to internet explore ?

:)

janice Dickson, May 12, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

how to restore back to internet explore wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Arul_D Win User
    unable to restore favorites in Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

I can understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

How to restore the favorite’s folder in Internet Explorer.

• To open the Registry Editor, click Start.
    • Type regedit into the Start Search field.
    • Press Enter.
    • Find Favorites under the following Registry keys:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

• Right click it and select Modify. The Edit String dialog will open.
    • Verify that the Value Data field contains the correct location of your Favorites folder. If it does not, enter the right location to restore your missing Favorites folder to Internet Explorer.
    C:\Users\NetID\Favorites

• Close the registry editor.
    • Open Internet Explorer to confirm that your favorites are there.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 12, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

how to restore back to internet explore

internet explore 11 on my laptop (win 10) is crashing and unable to restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given except resetting Internet Explorer. It has various steps to resolve the issue related to Internet Explorer performance.

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 12, 2020
Thema:

how to restore back to internet explore

1. how to restore back to internet explore - Similar Threads - restore internet explore

2. System Recovery back to Windows 7 and Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System Recovery back to Windows 7 and Internet Explorer: I had to do a system recovery on my old computer. The computer is set back to factory settings with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. How do I get my Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 Pro?...
  3. System Recovery back to Windows 7 and Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Recovery back to Windows 7 and Internet Explorer: I had to do a system recovery on my old computer. The computer is set back to factory settings with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. How do I get my Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 Pro?...
  4. System Recovery back to Windows 7 and Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to go back to restore point automatic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to restore point automatic: Hey I work on a remote desktop and sometimes I have to make a change in the network settings and then I lose access to the remote computer I am looking for a way that before I make a change I will activate a 10 minute timer and then if I don't cancel it it will return me to...
  6. how do I uninstall Microsoft Edge and go back to Internet Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I uninstall Microsoft Edge and go back to Internet Explorer?: How do I uninstall Microsoft Edge and go back to Internet Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-microsoft-edge-and-go-back-to/61941209-e2ef-42d2-8dc0-b2e6cb3ed132
  7. I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.: I have Windows 10,Always have had Internet Explorer on My Computer,one night the computer said update and shut down,i did,next morning,i turned it on,i had Microsoft Edge,I cannot stand it,i need to have Internet Explorer back on,i have tried several times to reset it,not...
  8. Can't turn internet explorer back on?

in Browsers and Email
    Can't turn internet explorer back on?: I recently reinstalled windows 10 and I turned off IE in windows features, however I noticed I started getting alot of these errors... Event ID 1019 Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30, 0x80040d07,...
  9. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?: Edge is nice, but: 1) It's not touch friendly 2) It makes my fan spin up really loud 3) It makes my computer really really hot 4) Substantially reduces my battery life I have a i5 Surface Pro 3, and with Windows 8.1, it very rarely used to spin up the fan. Now, it...
  10. How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset

in Browsers and Email
    How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset: hello community, I use Internet Explorer 11 to access my employer's intranet site to upload information and docs. when I logged in, all the 'Explanations' were hidden and I had to click on 'See Explanations' to reveal them - see image 'Capture 1'. capture 1 [img]...