Windows 10: How to restore C: drive from backup?

Discus and support How to restore C: drive from backup? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello all. I need help restoring my W10 system. System was running fine and then all of a sudden, it goes to Auto Repair mode. That fails, repeatedly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sumdumgai, May 28, 2019.

1. sumdumgai Win User

How to restore C: drive from backup?

Hello all. I need help restoring my W10 system. System was running fine and then all of a sudden, it goes to Auto Repair mode. That fails, repeatedly. I tried various solutions but none worked. I eventually decided to do reinstall of Windows using downloaded Windows Installation Media. Install is successful. I have a full system backup (from EaseUS ToDo Backup). I reinstalled the backup software and initiated a recovery of the C: drive. The C: drive, after the Windows re-install, is MBR and the Boot partition. After the successful recovery from backup of C: drive, the drive is now GPT and not bootable. Diskpart will not allow me to convert to MBR because of pagefile.

How can I use my system backup to restore my C: drive?

:)

sumdumgai, May 28, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, May 28, 2019
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, May 28, 2019
  4. jrj1040 Win User

Questions on C:\ Drive Backup

*Original Title: Backup C drive

I have a Lenovo K330 PC which I bought in 2011 with Windows 7 Home. Since then I’ve upgraded to Windows 7 Professional and now to Windows 10 Professional. My C: drive no longer has the Lenovo rescue partition. I have a portable WD Passport with
    1 GB used to coordinate data between computers. I backup my data weekly on a removable 298 GB hard drive. I currently have no system backups. I see several backup alternatives:

• Windows 7 Backup & Restore
    • Norton 360 Backup
    • Cobian 11 Backup
    My concern is my C: drive is 5 years old. When it fails I’m up a creek. I refuse to go to the "cloud." I tried Windows 7 Backup and Recovery on my Passport. When finished I got a warning that some files were not copied. Not
    what I wanted to see. Will it work?

jrj1040, May 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to restore C: drive from backup? - Similar Threads - restore drive backup

2. How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive: Hi all, a few years back I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I still use Windows 7 backup and restore to do my backups. I would like to install my most recent backup to a new SSD. I'm confused now because I used the media creation tool to make an iso, then burned it to a...
  3. How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive: Hi all, a few years back I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I still use Windows 7 backup and restore to do my backups. I would like to install my most recent backup to a new SSD. I'm confused now because I used the media creation tool to make an iso, then burned it to a...
  4. How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restoring backup from an external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring backup from an external drive: Hello everyone! So I recently backed up my hard drive to an external drive before reinstalling Windows 10. Now that I am backed up, how can I restore the data back to its original place on my hard drive? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/xnmvenom [link] [comments]...
  6. Format C Drive and Restore From Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Format C Drive and Restore From Backup: Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1217) Hi, I have an issue where an older version of a program must be uninstalled before the new version is installed. When attempting to uninstall the old version, it did not complete properly. As a result, most of the files are still there,...
  7. Format C Drive, Restore From Backup

Format C Drive, Restore From Backup: Version 1809 OS Build 17763.1217 Hi, I have an issue where an older version of a program must be uninstalled before the new version is installed. When attempting to uninstall the old version, it did not complete properly. As a result, most of the files are still there, but...
  8. Backup c drive

Backup c drive: how do I backup complete C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-c-drive/e75a9059-c42d-4051-af2a-7a234bb39691
  9. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  10. How to restore C: drive from backup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to restore C: drive from backup?: Hello all. I need help restoring my W10 system. System was running fine and then all of a sudden, it goes to Auto Repair mode. That fails, repeatedly. I tried various solutions but none worked. I eventually decided to do reinstall of Windows using downloaded Windows...