Windows 10: How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

Discus and support How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After uninstalling OneDrive, Windows refuses to let me restore the user Documents folder back to the original location.I am doing so by clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonHathawayFoster, May 5, 2021.

1. How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

After uninstalling OneDrive, Windows refuses to let me restore the user Documents folder back to the original location.I am doing so by clicking on the "Restore Default" button from the Properties menu, on the This PC > Documents folder:First, it tells me the folder does not exists and asks would I like to create it, and I click "yes".Then it asks if I want to move files from the old location to the new location, to which I also click the "yes" button.And then I get the following error message, saying the folder cannot be

:)

JasonHathawayFoster, May 5, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

Hello MurakamiFan, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file in step 5 of Option Two in the tutorial below to automatically restore the default location of your Documents folder.

*Arrow Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, May 5, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 5, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

Documents Destination

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to restore the default location of the folders. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Choose File Explorer.

• Type shell:UsersFilesFolder in the address bar.

How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive? d9ffeca6-0604-494d-9388-070cdb9a5eeb.png

• Right-click the Documents folder.

• Click the Location tab.

• Click Restore Default.

• Click OK.

Follow the same steps to restore the default location for your Pictures folder.

Give these steps a shot and check if the folders are unlinked from OneDrive.

Yolvi Ell, May 5, 2021
Thema:

How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

1. How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive? - Similar Threads - restore default location

2. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  3. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  4. OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder: I used to back up my Documents to OneDrive. That changed the default location of the document's folder. After a while, I unlinked that OneDrive account, but the default folder location did not change. Unfortunately, I still have files in that folder, and I get the following...
  5. OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder

OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder: I used to back up my Documents to OneDrive. That changed the default location of the document's folder. After a while, I unlinked that OneDrive account, but the default folder location did not change. Unfortunately, I still have files in that folder, and I get the following...
  6. Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...: I set up OneDrive because i thought it would be useful, discovered that it only has 5gb of Free Space, all of my folders and files in documents and pictures have a small icon beside them and the thumbnails arent loading, its annoying and i dont like it so i unlink OneDrive...
  7. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive: I installed a new windows 10 pro and the default Documents folder is in OneDrive. I want it back on "normal" location C:\Users\<me>\Documents. How do I do that?Thanks...
  8. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive: I installed a new windows 10 pro and the default Documents folder is in OneDrive. I want it back on "normal" location C:\Users\<me>\Documents. How do I do that?Thanks...
  9. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot restore default location of Documents folder: I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I...