Windows 10: How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

Discus and support How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After uninstalling OneDrive, Windows refuses to let me restore the user Documents folder back to the original location.I am doing so by clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonHathawayFoster, May 5, 2021.

1. How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

After uninstalling OneDrive, Windows refuses to let me restore the user Documents folder back to the original location.I am doing so by clicking on the "Restore Default" button from the Properties menu, on the This PC > Documents folder:First, it tells me the folder does not exists and asks would I like to create it, and I click "yes".Then it asks if I want to move files from the old location to the new location, to which I also click the "yes" button.And then I get the following error message, saying the folder cannot be

:)

JasonHathawayFoster, May 5, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

Hello MurakamiFan, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file in step 5 of Option Two in the tutorial below to automatically restore the default location of your Documents folder.

*Arrow Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, May 5, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 5, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

Documents Destination

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to restore the default location of the folders. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Choose File Explorer.

• Type shell:UsersFilesFolder in the address bar.

How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive? d9ffeca6-0604-494d-9388-070cdb9a5eeb.png

• Right-click the Documents folder.

• Click the Location tab.

• Click Restore Default.

• Click OK.

Follow the same steps to restore the default location for your Pictures folder.

Give these steps a shot and check if the folders are unlinked from OneDrive.

Yolvi Ell, May 5, 2021
Thema:

How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

1. How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive? - Similar Threads - restore default location

2. How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive: Windows home, no gpedit, do now know how to get rid of OneDrive. Add Remove does not show tiMy document folder property shows jstateson\OneDrive\Documentsthat does not exist nor does jstateson\Documents nor does my desktop supposidlyI cannot seem to create...
  3. How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive: Windows home, no gpedit, do now know how to get rid of OneDrive. Add Remove does not show tiMy document folder property shows jstateson\OneDrive\Documentsthat does not exist nor does jstateson\Documents nor does my desktop supposidlyI cannot seem to create...
  4. How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restoring 'My Document' folder back to default location on C drive

Restoring 'My Document' folder back to default location on C drive: I have just got a brand new Windows 10 PC. It has a 256 GB SSD and a 1T hard drive. They are drives C and D. As delivered the user data libraries/folders Documents, Pictures, Music, etc are on the C drive. So I decided to move the Documents library to the D drive by...
  6. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  7. Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?: Why are This PC folders like Documents or Pictures located in users/OneDrive folder as default location ? When I open the Documents folder properties, the target location is stored in users/.../OneDrive/Documents. Thank you [ATTACH]...
  8. Restoring Default User Folder Locations

Restoring Default User Folder Locations: Hello. A couple weeks ago I did a fresh install of Windows and all my folders are in particular locations across multiple drives. Now, while I was configuring the location of my Downloads folder while formatting my backup/downloads HDD (Seagate BarraCuda), I had temporarily...
  9. Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot restore default location of Documents folder: I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I...
  10. Restore Default Locations of “Documents” in “Users” & “This PC”

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Default Locations of “Documents” in “Users” & “This PC”: Being new to both Windows 10 and OneDrive, somehow I managed to change the “Location” of my “Users” (and therefore also the “This PC”) “Documents” folder to the OneDrive “Documents” folder. So while in File Explorer if I right-click either the “Users” “Documents” or the...