Windows 10: How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10

Discus and support How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If Windows Library folders are not opening correctly, you can restore the default location of Library folders in Windows 10 with the help of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 28, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

Hello MurakamiFan, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file in step 5 of Option Two in the tutorial below to automatically restore the default location of your Documents folder.

*Arrow Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Jun 28, 2020
  3. papa84075 Win User
    Default Library location

How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that
    name. Why doesn't it say that it has found one and do I want to overwrite the destination location with the copied info like other folders do? It is because the registry is involved at such a detailed level?

papa84075, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - restore default location

2. How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?: After uninstalling OneDrive, Windows refuses to let me restore the user Documents folder back to the original location.I am doing so by clicking on the "Restore Default" button from the Properties menu, on the This PC > Documents folder:First, it tells me the folder does not...
  3. Default Library location

Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  4. Restoring Default User Folder Locations

Restoring Default User Folder Locations: Hello. A couple weeks ago I did a fresh install of Windows and all my folders are in particular locations across multiple drives. Now, while I was configuring the location of my Downloads folder while formatting my backup/downloads HDD (Seagate BarraCuda), I had temporarily...
  5. Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot restore default location of Documents folder: I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I...
  6. Setting default locations for libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default locations for libraries: Hi, I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one. These are my drives: [img] I want the libraries on (G:) instead of (C:). [img] I went onto...
  7. Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. If you mistakenly delete any of the default libraries,...
  8. Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 The Game bar is a Xbox app Game DVR feature that lets you record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10....
  9. Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Location of Your Personal Folders in Windows 10 You can change the location of the folders in your personal folder (such as Documents and Pictures) by redirecting them. For example,...
  10. Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10 [img] Information default save location and public save location for the library. This tutorial will show you how to completely restore the default...