Windows 10: How to restore default system fonts?

Discus and support How to restore default system fonts? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm a designer and recently installed some very bold variants of Helvetica Neue on my PC. It works fine for my purposes but has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RobinWilde, Sep 5, 2020.

1. How to restore default system fonts?

How to restore default system fonts? OWRQRsHM_ZMwNVSRL8tLzWcQTEEAOQofAlnH6JMuVGg.jpg

Hi all,

I'm a designer and recently installed some very bold variants of Helvetica Neue on my PC. It works fine for my purposes but has taken over as the default system font - as you can see in the attached screenshot of a random webpage. Wherever another font is not explicitly specified, I get Helvetica Neue Black Condensed.

It's not exactly system breaking, but it's very annoying, and the various guides I've found online haven't proven very helpful. Specifically I've tried uninstalling the font file (Windows won't let me do this because the font is being used by System), deleting it with RegEdit (didn't seem to do anything) and using the Font Settings menu from Control Panel to restore default font settings (ditto).

I know it's not simply a browser issue as it also shows up in Outlook and a few system dialogues.

Is there a way to either reverse this change or to set a new default system font, at which point I can choose SegoeUI?

https://preview.redd.it/0ckpfvsv6el...bp&s=51fb592bdee16f40029ccb39ca6aecdbf3d9a53e

submitted by /u/RobinWilde
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RobinWilde, Sep 5, 2020

2. RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 5, 2020
  3. VRSAnand Win User
    System font on windows10

Please help to restore default system font as all of sudden different font style is coming and I have not made any changes in system. And, have already tried below options suggested in other thread but no luck.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Control Panel.

c: Then click Fonts.

d: Then click Font Settings.

e: Now click Restore default font settings.

2. Last restore point was of 03/23/2018.

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Search for Recovery.
    • Choose the restore point to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next.
    • Click Finish.

Output: System restore failed.

Waiting for your inputs to restore default system font. Thanks

VRSAnand, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to restore default system fonts?

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

How to restore default system fonts?

1. How to restore default system fonts? - Similar Threads - restore default system

2. How do I restore fonts to default size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore fonts to default size.: Fix Control panel/appearance/fonts doesn't work for this Lenovo Yoga W11 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-fonts-to-default-size/aed85edd-35c6-4a57-95d4-cc1c3a4a7e84
  3. Restore default Sinhala font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore default Sinhala font: I installed Sinhala language features through the settings then my Sinhala font changed to ugly font which is harder to readHow to restore windows 11 default Sinhala font? I uninstalled Sinhala language features, but nothing changed....
  4. Restore default Sinhala font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore default Sinhala font: I installed Sinhala language features through the settings then my Sinhala font changed to ugly font which is harder to readHow to restore windows 11 default Sinhala font? I uninstalled Sinhala language features, but nothing changed....
  5. How to restore default System icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore default System icons: i tried to delete some font but ended up deleting the default icon pack of windows 10 please help me out [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-default-system-icons/0a5049a9-d01d-41ab-a636-3ccf53fd52b7
  6. How to restore default fonts in Windows 10?

How to restore default fonts in Windows 10?: Hi, Can any one please explain how to restore default fonts in Windows 10 Home? I want to delete all the fonts that I have added and just have the normal fonts that windows comes with....
  7. How can I restore default fonts, or mass uninstall fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I restore default fonts, or mass uninstall fonts?: I've been installing fonts for individual projects for years, there are SO many I don't need that are clogging my lists. Other than deleting them individually in settings, and other than doing the same in c:\windows\fonts, is there a way to restore or mass delete them in...
  8. How to restore default font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore default font: I used registry to change font from the default font and now after trying to restore it the :;/- and other symbols are missing. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/gturtle72 [link] [comments]...
  9. Default font settings restore.

Default font settings restore.: How can I restore the default font settings on Windows 10. When I try by going through Control Panel the button to reset default settings just goes grey when I click on it....
  10. System Font Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    System Font Restore: Hi Somehow I have changed my system font and I would like to restore it back to the default setting. I went to Control Panel. Found Font Settings and then I clicked the button "Restore Default Font Settings". The button dimmed (like it was working) but nothing...