Windows 10: How to Restore Deleted PRINTERS Folder Under Windows/system32/spool

Discus and support How to Restore Deleted PRINTERS Folder Under Windows/system32/spool in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place. I'm a home user using Windows 10. I was trying to clear a queued print job that wouldn't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karin123456789, Jul 21, 2021.

1. How to Restore Deleted PRINTERS Folder Under Windows/system32/spool

Hi,I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place. I'm a home user using Windows 10. I was trying to clear a queued print job that wouldn't go away, searched for instructions online, and ended up accidentally deleting the PRINTERS folder under Windows/system32/spool. Now I can't print anything. When I try to create a new folder named PRINTERS, it won't let me. Can someone please tell me how to fix this.Thank you,KarinNote: I tried to post this in a Microsoft forum and it wouldn't let me post without tagging users??? I have no idea what they're talking about. How would I know who to

:)

Karin123456789, Jul 21, 2021

2. Printer folder missing within the spool folder within system32

I've been following the instructions on resetting a printer and deleting the print queue.

It said delete the contents of the PRINTER folder within spool folder located in the system32 folder and not to delete the folder itself.

Only the PRINTER folder isn't there and may have already been deleted previously perhaps or something else.

I have stopped the print spooler service as the 1st step to deleting all print jobs. I have only 1 print job left to delete and that has a printing status attached to it

I have tried to just create a folder within spool and call it PRINTER but it won't show or allow this.

How do I re instate PRINTER folder if that is what is wrong.

The original problem I am having is that the printer won't print my jobs. And it says printing but doesn't actually print.

It has been working in the past. It is a canon MB 5060 I think At least in the MB5000 family.

BartleyCochrane, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Cant delete the PDF folders from C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS

Hi,

each time i print the document prints correctly, but then gets stuck in a queue. When i try to delete it it hangs.

So each time i have to go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all the files - then reset the printer spooler. Doing this each time i want to print a document takes ages!

I have been told to delete all folders from C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS, but i cant seem to delete the PDF folders.

So..

1) how do i delete these (it say's they're still in use)

2) why does the printer get stuck each time? I've installed it correctly with the driver from the disc included.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks

saintelsewhere, Jul 21, 2021
  4. How to Restore Deleted PRINTERS Folder Under Windows/system32/spool

Inability to remove a printer port from the list in printer properties

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us try to disable and enable printer spooler service and clear the spooler.

Follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Locate Printer Spooler, right click it and select stop.
    • Go to the folder: C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS, delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
    • Go back to Printer Spooler service and start it.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

How to Restore Deleted PRINTERS Folder Under Windows/system32/spool

1. How to Restore Deleted PRINTERS Folder Under Windows/system32/spool - Similar Threads - Restore Deleted PRINTERS

2. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  3. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  4. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Deleting .TMP files from the C:\Windows\system32\spool\printers folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting .TMP files from the C:\Windows\system32\spool\printers folder: We OFTEN come across times when we have to clear a print job and find a TON of .tmp files in the Windows spooler printers folder. Stopping the spooler service does not release these files so most often they cannot be deleted. After downloading and running Process Explorer...
  6. printer spooling and crashes publisher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer spooling and crashes publisher: hi everyone any ideas appreciated On wednesday 17th my xps15 suddenly stopped printing only certain publisher files to my canon ix6850 printer, says spooling and crashes publisher after about 3 hours I noticed the update and rolled it back and then printers all worked...
  7. Printer Spooling

Printer Spooling: Printer spooling way too long on my Epson ET 2750. Takes 20 minutes to print 3 or 4 pages. This only started about 3 weeks ago. Epson support said it was a Microsoft 10 issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Epson software and the problem still exists....
  8. Printer folder missing within the spool folder within system32

Printer folder missing within the spool folder within system32: I've been following the instructions on resetting a printer and deleting the print queue. It said delete the contents of the PRINTER folder within spool folder located in the system32 folder and not to delete the folder itself. Only the PRINTER folder isn't there and may...
  9. spooling to wifi printer

spooling to wifi printer: I have windows10 and there is a delay when I attempt to print from WORD or ADOBE. The print queue shows "Printing" but then shows error printer can't be found. I' m connected. After turning the printer off then back on the doc prints. Where's the lost interrupt I need to...
  10. printer spool will not reset and start

printer spool will not reset and start: I am running windows 10 with a hp envy 7640 printer. the problem is the printer spool will not reset and start. Have tried many options to reset...