Windows 10: How to restore display option in control panel with register or other means?

Discus and support How to restore display option in control panel with register or other means? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is this horrible change in Windows 10 that display option dissapeared from control panel and on top of that now system disallows to change font... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sylwia_K, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Sylwia_K Win User

How to restore display option in control panel with register or other means?

There is this horrible change in Windows 10 that display option dissapeared from control panel and on top of that now system disallows to change font size. Is there a way to restore this option in control panel by using register or some apps? I did a lot of changes with register / shell, for example I restored classical personalisation in control panel, but I can't find a solution to my problem and it drives me crazy. I want to change ONLY fonts size and I want an easy access to it. I'll be immensely grateful for your help.

:)

Sylwia_K, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

display option in control panel in Windows 10

Hi Kathy,

Wrong configuration settings may be the possible reason why the Display option is missing in your Control Panel. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you referring to Display settings?
    • Could you provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 10, 2018
  3. display option in control panel in Windows 10

Looks like version 1703 was the source of the problem. But the display settings I found are not as feature rich for fonts as they were before..i.e. changing the size of desktop icon fonts.

KathyDolphin, Nov 10, 2018
  4. wjbarber Win User

display control panel as list

display control panel as a list

wjbarber, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. How to restore display option in control panel with register or other means? - Similar Threads - restore display option

2. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  3. Is there any other way to get the same options for sound control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any other way to get the same options for sound control panel?: I have tried almost everything to try and fix a bug that happens in my control panel, when I go to the recording tab and right click one of the microphones it crashes. So, now I am thinking if theres any other way I can access like another app instead of windows....
  4. Is there any other way to get the same options for sound control panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any other way to get the same options for sound control panel?: I have tried almost everything to try and fix a bug that happens in my control panel, when I go to the recording tab and right click one of the microphones it crashes. So, now I am thinking if theres any other way I can access like another app instead of windows....
  5. Is there any other way to get the same options for sound control panel?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. W10 Control Panel - display

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Control Panel - display: When I display Programs and Features in the Control Panel app and click on the drop down menu to display details, the display has the headings Name, Date, Type, Size and Tags. But only the Name and Size columns are populated with any information. The Date, Type and Tags...
  7. Language option is missing in control panel

Language option is missing in control panel: Why can't find language option in windows 10 1803 version?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-option-is-missing-in-control-panel/beeeaf7a-ee39-449d-906e-84b654df537a
  8. No 'Microphone' option in Control Panel.

No 'Microphone' option in Control Panel.: I'm not sure why, because as far as I'm aware, the Microphone setting should always be on the control panel however when I went to check mine Because I bought a new headset and need to connect my microphone to it it wasn't there. I figured it would just be disabled and all I...
  9. Is there anyway to restore classic control panel?

Is there anyway to restore classic control panel?: Is there anyway to restore classic control and disable settings apps, I know you can still open classic personalization menu but I also want all the other settings who were moved into windows settings app. 123275
  10. control panel options greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel options greyed out: when trying to use control panel most options are greyed out or do not respond 23266

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore display monitor in control panel