Windows 10: How to Restore Display to Defaults

Discus and support How to Restore Display to Defaults in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My screen became hard to read, after a recent Windows Update. Thus I tried to adjust the contrast a couple days ago, and mucked it up royally. It did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sybilleschaufler, Nov 6, 2019.

1. How to Restore Display to Defaults

My screen became hard to read, after a recent Windows Update. Thus I tried to adjust the contrast a couple days ago, and mucked it up royally. It did not improve after auto-installation of the latest update in the wee hours of today, then installing the optionals earlier this AM. How can I get back to the defaults?

Also note: I have attempted to a apply step-b-step-instruction to do just that. Steps 1 and 2 went smoothly, but step 3 says to click on adjusting text and things, or something like that. Unfortunately that button is simply absent. Thus I'm still stuck with an almost unreadable display monitor, affecting mostly text and highlighting/selecting. I'ts ok in this document right now, except most of the text to the right of the home screen icon, except of "answer.microsoft.com" is VERY PALE, almost blended into the background.

Also, both my monitors are grey (like they usually are during a screen share,and holding down Ctrl, WinK, + C, has no effect at all.

:)

sybilleschaufler, Nov 6, 2019

2. reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Nov 6, 2019
  3. How to restore default display settings in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings and check if it helps.

Step 1: To check the text and font size follow the below steps.

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on “system”, under the display option click on “advanced display settings”.

3. Then click on “advanced sizing of text and items” and check whether the text and font size settings.

Step 2: To check the color contrast follow the below steps and check.

1. Press “Windows+X” and go to “control panel”.

2. Click on “Ease of access center” and click on “Choose high contrast theme”.

3. Under “High contrast themes” check whether any option is selected, if selected then I suggest you to
    select any option under “Windows Default themes”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 6, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

How to Restore Display to Defaults

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How to Restore Display to Defaults :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

How to Restore Display to Defaults

1. How to Restore Display to Defaults - Similar Threads - Restore Display Defaults

2. How to restore Startup Settings to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Startup Settings to default?: I recently changed one of the settings in the "Startup Settings", which settings are detailed in this article. I believe I selected--"Disable driver signature enforcement"--in order to install a third-party driver, which I believe was option number 7 in the menu I was...
  3. how to restore windows default licenc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore windows default licenc: hi there,I bought laptop which had windows pre installed license key and later it has been changed and currently showing me to activate license now I want to go back to original default license attached here is the key of original version and i try to add it in change 0...
  4. how to restore windows default licenc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to restore windows default licenc: hi there,I bought laptop which had windows pre installed license key and later it has been changed and currently showing me to activate license now I want to go back to original default license attached here is the key of original version and i try to add it in change 0...
  5. Restore to Defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore to Defaults: I'm about to send this computer back as it came with no PRODUCT CODE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-defaults/3749baf6-fb80-4f66-9a84-52d3b38543ee
  6. How to restore default System icons

How to restore default System icons: i tried to delete some font but ended up deleting the default icon pack of windows 10 please help me out [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-default-system-icons/0a5049a9-d01d-41ab-a636-3ccf53fd52b7
  7. Restore all default display settings

Restore all default display settings: How can I Restore all default display settings? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-all-default-display-settings/91c002b3-d523-4101-89bb-a787be5f8e21
  8. How to restore default font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore default font: I used registry to change font from the default font and now after trying to restore it the :;/- and other symbols are missing. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/gturtle72 [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I restore my default desktop display settings?

How do I restore my default desktop display settings?: How do I restore my default desktop display settings? I changed them, now the colors are all wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-restore-my-default-desktop-display/6721eaa2-21d1-4408-89a6-f355166a9373
  10. How to restore default Display Color settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore default Display Color settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When it comes to printing a picture from a Windows PC, the color settings matter a lot. Those who are into editing photos, change their PCs color settings to make sure the printout look like the actual colors. Here is [...] This post How to restore default Display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/how-to-restore-default-display-color-settings-i…

2. restore original color settings

3. how to revert to default display in windows 10

4. display setting reset,
  5. how do i reset win 10 display options to default,
  6. display settings to default