Windows 10: How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

Discus and support How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows home, no gpedit, do now know how to get rid of OneDrive. Add Remove does not show tiMy document folder property shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joseph Stateson, Nov 25, 2021.

1. How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

Windows home, no gpedit, do now know how to get rid of OneDrive. Add Remove does not show tiMy document folder property shows jstateson\OneDrive\Documentsthat does not exist nor does jstateson\Documents nor does my desktop supposidlyI cannot seem to create myaccount\DocumentsLooking at Document properties I see "restore default" and try thatIt does not work as it says there is a folder there with the same aname, but there IS NOT according to command windows just above!I do not want one drive. It does not show up in "apps" and when I tried to install an uninistaller "revo" which finds things

:)

Joseph Stateson, Nov 25, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 25, 2021
  3. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

Long story short... When I click on my OneDrive app, it opens my Documents folder (folder in 'This PC').

This evening I changed the location of my Documents folder to within OneDrive, and then tried to return it which somehow ended up with 'OneDrive' replacing 'Documents' in the 'This PC' list... I used a .bat file to restore 'Documents to the correct place here, but there still appears to be an issue with Onedrive.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

LAndersonBurton, Nov 25, 2021
  4. How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

OneDrive app opening Documents folder

I had checked a restore point, but unfortunately being a new laptop, there wasn't any (I'll be sure to make one before faffing around in future..!).

Solution: Once I'd used the .bat file, the Location Property option had returned. I used the Location Property settings to relocate the Documents folder into OneDrive (the first step I had done) and this reset the issues I has having, allowing me the option to move the Documents folder back to being separate (I chose not to do this in the end as having it in OneDrive meant it automatically saved via OneDrive and to the 'This PC' Documents folder.

LAndersonBurton, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

1. How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive - Similar Threads - restore Documents folder

2. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive: I installed a new windows 10 pro and the default Documents folder is in OneDrive. I want it back on "normal" location C:\Users\<me>\Documents. How do I do that?Thanks...
  3. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive: I installed a new windows 10 pro and the default Documents folder is in OneDrive. I want it back on "normal" location C:\Users\<me>\Documents. How do I do that?Thanks...
  4. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  6. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  7. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive: Windows home, no gpedit, do now know how to get rid of OneDrive. Add Remove does not show tiMy document folder property shows jstateson\OneDrive\Documentsthat does not exist nor does jstateson\Documents nor does my desktop supposidlyI cannot seem to create...
  9. How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive: Windows home, no gpedit, do now know how to get rid of OneDrive. Add Remove does not show tiMy document folder property shows jstateson\OneDrive\Documentsthat does not exist nor does jstateson\Documents nor does my desktop supposidlyI cannot seem to create...
  10. How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?: After uninstalling OneDrive, Windows refuses to let me restore the user Documents folder back to the original location.I am doing so by clicking on the "Restore Default" button from the Properties menu, on the This PC > Documents folder:First, it tells me the folder does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restoring my documents folder from onedrive