Windows 10: How to Restore Drive Tools Recording Speed?

Discus and support How to Restore Drive Tools Recording Speed? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a new installation of Windows 10 with the latest patches. I inserted a new blank DVD+R 4.7GB disk into my CD/DVD/BlueRay drive and in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steven Edward Wood, Jan 5, 2020.

1. How to Restore Drive Tools Recording Speed?

This is a new installation of Windows 10 with the latest patches. I inserted a new blank DVD+R 4.7GB disk into my CD/DVD/BlueRay drive and in File Explorer and copied data files to it and selected the Manage Drive Tools from the top menu. I chose to burn as a mastered data disk. The only available Recording speed was 16x which matched the specs on my DVD drive and the blank disk.

The files were properly burned to disk; however, Drive Tools indicated that there was a problem with the disk. I double checked the files and they were indeed burned as binary duplicates. I can live with an error message; however, when I tried to burn another set of files to another new disk within a few minutes of verifying the first set of files the only available Recording speed was 2.4x. I rebooted my computer thinking that perhaps File Explorer Manage Drive Tools feature had somehow become unstable due to it's stated error condition, but no effect...now the only Recording speed is 2.4x. I've had this problem before and after a few stated successful burns by the Drive Tools the speed increases. But, I have to suffer through very slow burning speeds for some of the burn activity.

So, File Explorer Manage Drive Tools is storing some data somewhere that is being subsequently read by it and thus forcing the Recording speed to 2.4x regardless of the capability of the DVD burner and inserted media. And storing what it perceives as successful burning and increases the speed. Where is that data and how do I restore the Recording speed to the original 16x speed? How do I return the Drive Tools to using the speed obtained from the DVD drive capability and inserted media?

:)

Steven Edward Wood, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 5, 2020
  3. weybrew Win User
    weybrew, Jan 5, 2020
  4. sumasage Win User

How to Restore Drive Tools Recording Speed?

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

How to Restore Drive Tools Recording Speed?

1. How to Restore Drive Tools Recording Speed? - Similar Threads - Restore Drive Tools

2. Snipping Tool Video Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Video Recording: Hi I was recording using the snipping tool. For some reason, there is half audio and half no audio in the recording when finished. Can I recover the half part of audio?...
  3. Snipping Tool Video Recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool Video Recording: Hi I was recording using the snipping tool. For some reason, there is half audio and half no audio in the recording when finished. Can I recover the half part of audio?...
  4. Snipping tool not recording.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not recording.: I'm on the latest version of Windows and so is my "Snipping tool" app. However, I can't use it for recording my screen and it keeps giving me an error message: "Recording stopped Something happened, and we've stopped recording. Wait a bit, then try again. If this continues,...
  5. Snipping tool not recording.

Snipping tool not recording.: I'm on the latest version of Windows and so is my "Snipping tool" app. However, I can't use it for recording my screen and it keeps giving me an error message: "Recording stopped Something happened, and we've stopped recording. Wait a bit, then try again. If this continues,...
  6. recording toolbar of snipping tool not responding after recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recording toolbar of snipping tool not responding after recording: I recorded myself presenting a powerpoint presentation using the video recording capabilities of the snippet tool. When I clicked on the stop button, after a while, it stopped responding. I just see a blank white space. What happened to my recording? Did it record? Where do I...
  7. recording toolbar of snipping tool not responding after recording

recording toolbar of snipping tool not responding after recording: I recorded myself presenting a powerpoint presentation using the video recording capabilities of the snippet tool. When I clicked on the stop button, after a while, it stopped responding. I just see a blank white space. What happened to my recording? Did it record? Where do I...
  8. how to Record sound and video using snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to Record sound and video using snipping tool: I am using windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Build 23550.1000 However, I don't find audio recording options in the snipping tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-record-sound-and-video-using-snipping-tool/ffe758cb-57ab-49be-8ccb-9f9a51ec8ae7
  9. how to Record sound and video using snipping tool

how to Record sound and video using snipping tool: I am using windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Build 23550.1000 However, I don't find audio recording options in the snipping tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-record-sound-and-video-using-snipping-tool/ffe758cb-57ab-49be-8ccb-9f9a51ec8ae7
  10. How to restore sound on a windows10 recording?

How to restore sound on a windows10 recording?: Hello, I recorded something and after viewing that recording, I noticed that it has no sound. There was no problem with the audio, because I used this option for a while and it went well. Last time I used it was last week and everything went well. Earlier this week monday,...