Windows 10: How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder?

Discus and support How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, long story short : i have the entire USERs folder of the old system ... how can i findout/ restore my email that were installed before on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RISK_, Aug 21, 2020.

1. RISK_ Win User

How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder?

Hi,

long story short :

i have the entire USERs folder of the old system ... how can i findout/ restore my email that were installed before on the mailapp.

even if i have to re-input the passwords and all that, i just want to login with all of them without missing anyone.

story in details :

I have multiple emails , i often forgot their names to began with and i count on windows mailapp to always just check for the new emails
    I had an accident yesterday when my laptop lag completely, I wasn't able to do anything so I forced it to shutdown and the windows weren't able to start up again ever since .

before u ask i tried everything
    including every option available on the troubleshooter along with repairing windows with a usb stick.. nothing worked
    i was only able to backup the entire USERS Folder along with other personal data just incise anything happen to windows.old folder which was a good decision because later after the last update from windows assistant ... the windows.old folder were deleted :S .. but i'm glad i was prepared for that though

in case if u are curious I have a hint of suspicion that the windows was updating a driver and/or scanning and failed to finish because of the force shutdown which lead to that, how i know that ? One of the steps that I've tried is to backup the current reg and look for any restore point available ... but there was an error that came up when it came to backing up the drivers.

I ended up having Different partitions labels ... I used to have A: ssd partition ,C: and D: ... I ended up with C: ssd partition , D: and E:

help would be appreciate it.

-- also a big thanks to microsoft team for having update working on the background eating the entire hdd resources I have without even a hint that there is an important download going on.... that was smart move : :

also on task manger ... sometimes it say Disk is at 50% ... but when u go to the processing tab , its at 100% .... that was smart too : : :
    Thanks

:)

RISK_, Aug 21, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Aug 21, 2020
  3. New emails link to old emails and they all show in the inbox

Hi Carlson,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How many user account you have configured in the Windows Mail app?
    • What do you mean by “New emails link to old emails”?
    If you have configured more than one user account in the Windows Mail app then, I would suggest you to switch the user accounts and check the emails in the inbox.

Follow the below steps to switch the user accounts in the Windows Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Under the Accounts select one user account and check the
      Inbox
      under Folders.
    If the issue still persist then, I would recommend you to delete and reconfigure the account.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Thema:

1. How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder? - Similar Threads - restore Emails Old

2. Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?: I removed/uninstalled OneDrive but I still have a OneDrive folder and most of my files are in that folder including my documents, pics and desktop. While my computer seems to work okay can I restore the location of these files in my user folder rather than in the OneDrive...
  3. How to restore old user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore old user account: Hi, So i stupidly renamed my user folder name using the method that uses the registry editor then i edited the profile image path. I signed out, and when i signed back in again it was with a temporary profile. All my settings have been reset, e.g. background, i was...
  4. Restore user folder in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore user folder in windows 10: Hello, I´ve been trying to restore my user folder c: \User\Videos, c: \User\Pictures, c: \User\Music, c: \User\Documents since I accidentally move them into the same location and now they all got the same name I have attached screenshot of the problem Thank you in...
  5. Restore old windows user folder into new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore old windows user folder into new user: My computer is connected to a domain, and my user got deleted somehow. My company had to create a new user for me, and i wanted to know if it's possible to restore my old user folder into my new windows user. I tried to look on the web, and i only found ways to change the...
  6. How to Restore Deleted OLD User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Restore Deleted OLD User Account in Windows 10: Hello, I used windows 10, a Few days ago accidentally My Windows 10 crashed and I lost all My Old User Account Data! Use my Old User Account ID I Encrypt some of my File for Security reasons. After Lost Old User Account ID and Encrypt File Certificate, can't open My File...
  7. Restore user permissions for user folder

Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  8. Restore user permissions for user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  9. How Delete an Old "Users" Folders

How Delete an Old "Users" Folders: Hi, I build a PC in 2014 and installed W7 and I changed the user profile folders path in the registry for new users to be created on a drive "E:\Users" different from my small ssd "C:" drive. I have already updated to W10 and I am having some small problems, but I can not...
  10. Restore old user account

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore old user account: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and i have two accounts (administrator and local user). actually i didn't use the administrator i just created previously for some installation of application and i'm using the other one user. Today when I turn on the PC the local user was gone...