Windows 10: How to restore entire computer from a system image?

Discus and support How to restore entire computer from a system image? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, how I can restore my entire computer from my external hard disk system image? I did created a system image (no disc or media) at left side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pagefile'sys, Apr 7, 2019.

1. How to restore entire computer from a system image?

Hello, how I can restore my entire computer from my external hard disk system image? I did created a system image (no disc or media) at left side "create a system image" option in Windows 7 backup and restore menu. I have windows 10 1809 professional

I also noticed normal backup feature allows to click on the folder "x****puter name" then a panel opens which have three options, which very useful however "create a system image" path did not have such menu, it simply shows the located folders and files without any exe or any option about restore.

Any help?

EDIT: I'm asking this in a status when computer wont boot, I included all disks in system image and recovery partition

:)

Pagefile'sys, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

How to restore system image backup

Ryan,

Whilst I can find the tutorial for making a system image [Create a System Image], I cannot find one about restoring it at the moment so here are my own notes on the procedure - [I never see the message windows need to format the drive... so I am not sure where you are when you see that]

[Added later - There is an illustrated guide to restoring a system image in Restore Image on Computer - EightForums. The procedure seems to be the same and the illustrations should be helpful.]

1 Go to

• Settings,
    • Update & security,
    • Recovery,
    • Under the Advanced startup heading, click on the button for Restart now.

2 This will take you into the onboard Windows recovery environment [WRE], a menu-driven environment -

• Troubleshoot,
    • Advanced options,
    • System image recover.

3 You will be rebooted into the System image recovery procedure -

• Connect the drive containing the image,
    • Accept the latest image identified by the system or Select a image,
    • The rest is entirely menu driven.
    • [Whilst there are some options that can be chosen, the defaults are normally off for all these and should be accepted.]

There are variations of this procedure such as starting the restoration from an installation disk, system repair disk or System recovery drive [see page 2 of this thread].

Denis

Try3, Apr 7, 2019
  3. System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Apr 7, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

How to restore entire computer from a system image?

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How to restore entire computer from a system image? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

How to restore entire computer from a system image?

1. How to restore entire computer from a system image? - Similar Threads - restore entire computer

2. Restore System Image on many computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore System Image on many computers: Hi,I have 5 laptops exactly the same DELL model, I want to have a single Image System with some software and customizations to restore time to time to all this laptops and if I have to do any change, revert directly to all the laptopsIs it possible to have ONE Image System to...
  3. Restore System Image on many computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore System Image on many computers: Hi,I have 5 laptops exactly the same DELL model, I want to have a single Image System with some software and customizations to restore time to time to all this laptops and if I have to do any change, revert directly to all the laptopsIs it possible to have ONE Image System to...
  4. Restore System Image on many computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  6. System Restore from Image

System Restore from Image: After a recent MS update, my system crashed completely, so I did a clean install and am trying to restore from an image. Windows finds the image and goes through a -very- long process after which it says the restore was successful, but when it reboots, it is back to the...
  7. Restore Entire System Image to another computer both Surface Pro 4's

Restore Entire System Image to another computer both Surface Pro 4's: Need to know how I can restore an entire system image from my now "gone to heaven Surface Pro 4" to me refurbished replacement Surface Pro 4. Not that it is is critical to the task at hand, but my trusty "old" SP4 had the swelling battery problem, and I received a factory...
  8. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  9. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  10. Can't Restore from System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't Restore from System Image: I created a system image on a Seagate external hard drive using Windows 10 Home, and I created a restore disc for booting with an external BUFFALO DVD drive connected to a USB port. I went into the UEFI and set my BUFFALO drive as the first drive to be used for booting at...