Windows 10: How to restore file in deleted user account (Desktop File)

Discus and support How to restore file in deleted user account (Desktop File) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; At the first after I upgraded my notebook from windows 8 to windows 10, I just realize that 1 of my 3 user account is not exist anymore (the Guest... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by blaume, Nov 11, 2015.

1. blaume Win User

How to restore file in deleted user account (Desktop File)

At the first after I upgraded my notebook from windows 8 to windows 10,
    I just realize that 1 of my 3 user account is not exist anymore (the Guest account is not there just after I upgrade it into windows 10). As I tried to make the new Guest account and still didnt work (I dont want to follow such a complex email registration required by windows 10 to make a new user account), I thought to delete my secondary user account. However, I just realize that there is a file that I saved in the Desktop under my secondary user account. Is there a way to restore this desktop file that is saved in my deleted user account?

I have opened C:\Users\ but I cant find the folder with the name of my deleted user account.
    Can anyone help me?

It's very important yet big file (around 2 GB). Thankss

:)

blaume, Nov 11, 2015
  2. furdeal Win User

Windows 10 requires password now on startup

Thank you for being so patient. I have been researching articles about how to restore a deleted account from backup files (assuming the "Save files for deleted account" option is chosen) but have found nothing. Are these files stored in the C:/users/myusername
    folder (assuming I delete the Myusername account)? If so, how do I restore the account from this folder?

File History backs up all my files hourly to an external hard drive. But I am unable to find any account files there, and I wouldn't know how to restore an account from these files anyway.

What if I delete the PC/Administrator account instead of the Myusername account? Can both accounts be restored in the same way? If I delete the administrator account can I still operate the system?

Please advise.

furdeal, Nov 11, 2015
  3. furdeal Win User
    Windows 10 requires password now on startup

One more question (I hope I don't sound like an idiot): when I delete my account in User Profiles, and reply "Yes" to "Save files," will I be asked where to save the files, or told their names and where they are stored? Will they only be stored in File
    History? Under what name? I couldn't find any "account files" when I just now checked in File History using the "Restore files in File History" window. Are they only stored in File History if you delete your account and save it? Will restoring the files from
    File History automatically restore my old account? (When I restart the computer will I be offered a choice of logging on to my old account?) Will deleting my account (Myusername) in User Profiles delete all the files on my computer currently backed up in File
    History? Am I supposed to create a new new account and restore all the files from File History? Will this restore current settings like desktop background, Classic Shell, desktop layout, etc., etc.? I'm sure that with your expertise the whole procedure you
    laid out for me to perform is crystal clear, but to me it just raises question after question, and becomes cloudier and riskier-sounding the more I try to imagine it. I don't want to accidentally delete my account for good.

furdeal, Nov 11, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Blaume, welcome to the Ten Forums.

I am sorry but when you deleted the user account, it's gone, all its files are gone, forever. The only way to get the file back would be to restore a system image made before the account was deleted.

The built-in guest account no longer works in Windows 10. However, you can create a new Guest account by yourself:

[youtube]65fP528B17E[/youtube]
    (Video from thread Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums.)

Thema:

1. How to restore file in deleted user account (Desktop File) - Similar Threads - restore file deleted

2. hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT: Hello there,PLEASE HELP ME!I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY MAIN USER ACCOUNT!CAN YOU HELP ME MICROSOFT?IM CRYING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-deleted-user-account/ca8bc58f-41cd-4f6e-86aa-1ede677b2f4b
  3. hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT: Hello there,PLEASE HELP ME!I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY MAIN USER ACCOUNT!CAN YOU HELP ME MICROSOFT?IM CRYING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-deleted-user-account/ca8bc58f-41cd-4f6e-86aa-1ede677b2f4b
  4. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files: Hello,I created a new administrative user account with my original administrative account and then I went ahead and deleted the original administrative account with that new administration account I had just created. I did this before pulling some of the data I needed from...
  5. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files: Hello,I created a new administrative user account with my original administrative account and then I went ahead and deleted the original administrative account with that new administration account I had just created. I did this before pulling some of the data I needed from...
  6. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System Restore - Deleting user files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore - Deleting user files.: Hi there, My computer keeps freezing every couple of months and I need to format it. I have a lot of software that I need for my work and they take a long time to download. I want to use System Restore to go back to when I formatted and installed the software. I know System...
  8. Black desktop and deleted user files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black desktop and deleted user files: Dear all, I'm facing a big problem on my pc from yesterday. I left my pc for dinner and when I come back desktop has become black and I lost ALL my personal data, exception made for the file that I was using before the problem. If I look at HD now is nearly empty, just the...
  9. How to restore deleted user account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore deleted user account?: One of my family members deleted an important account on my PC while messing around. Fortunately, they decided to keep all the files. I am wondering how can I restore the profile to the login screen with all of the contents intact....
  10. How to Restore Deleted Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Restore Deleted Files?: I transferred photos and videos from my iPhone to a newly created folder iPhone Pics 6 on my laptop. Then by mistake, I pressed some keys maybe ctrl + z, then the iPhone Pics 6 folder disappeared. I tried to undo what I did, then in a flash a window opened saying 1770 files...