Windows 10: How to restore from a veeam bare metal image

Discus and support How to restore from a veeam bare metal image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi guys, My pc crashed. I've repaired win 10 but lost all programs are gone. I have a veeam bare metal image from 2 days ago, stored on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by babuja, Sep 28, 2017.

1. babuja Win User

How to restore from a veeam bare metal image

Hi guys,

My pc crashed.

I've repaired win 10 but lost all programs are gone.

I have a veeam bare metal image from 2 days ago, stored on a folder in another partition but have no idea how to restore system using this image.

Could someone give a hand here?

Cheers

:)

babuja, Sep 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 | Moving license to a new PC

As far as I know, you can.

Generally, there are two ways to transfer Windows 10 OS to another computer, one is via Windows built in backup utility, the other is via third party software.

Windows built in backup utility: unlike Windows Server Backup, Backup and Restore in Windows 10/7 doesn’t have a option for Bare Metal Recovery, but you can still create a bare metal backup using Wbadmin. Bare Metal backup = System State backup + System
    Volume + Any other critical volume. You can use the following command to run a bare metal backup

Wbadmin start backup –allcritical –backupTarget:X: -quiet –vssfull

More detail: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/249694#method3

You can
    transfer os to another computer
    with dissimilar hardware using free third party software, such as AOMEI Backupper Standard.

Youngwarlord, Sep 28, 2017
  3. TomBloch Win User
    No sound from Dell XPS M1330 after bare metal install

Thanks for your response.

As mentioned previously, I did run Troubleshooter and it did not find anything it could correct. I just now ran it again with the same outcome. I also did the checks to make sure that the speakers weren't being muted or the volume reduced by a hardware switch.
    They do not appear to be. The system appears and behaves as if it had working speakers - except it doesn't produce any sound.

I suspect that the reason sound worked on this system under Win 8.1 was because there was a 3rd party sound driver on board from earlier versions of Windows. I don't know which one and cannot go back and check. Windows 10 doesn't identify the sound component,
    but the original driver Dell provided for this system was for Sigmatel STAC 92xx C-Major High Definition Audio. Can anyone suggest a driver I might try for Windows 10??

TomBloch, Sep 28, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

You probably have to reinstall Veem.

CountMike, Sep 28, 2017
  5. babuja Win User
    I've tried to restore using veeam iso image created 2 days ago without sucess...process doesn't run because veeam doesnt reconize iso as source for recovery.

Tried to creat a bootble pen from the iso image and it runs ok and enters the recover environment but again, can't recover from a iso image. Needs some help here to restore system. Thanks

babuja, Sep 28, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/veeam-...backup-windows
    Step 2
    - you need to create the Veeam recovery medium. That implies you have the program installed as @CountMike said.

Once you've done that, boot your PC from Veeam's boot disk, and use that program to access the image file(s) you previously created.

I hope they are for the full set of partitions Windows needs (4 for an EFI installation).

I searched for
    veeam endpoint use recovery media to restore windows
    for you.
    Veeam Recovery Media: User Guide for Veeam Endpoint Backup

dalchina, Sep 28, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    I do not like veeam because it does not recover all partitions in same order as original and did not even bother with MSR partition. To me, recovery should be an exact faithful recovery if selecting all partitions.

cereberus, Sep 28, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Fair comment, but the OP has to use it at this point.

We can of course make our standard recommendation for the future: Macrium Reflect (free) - although some find its GUI daunting (understandably IMHO)

dalchina, Sep 28, 2017
  9. babuja Win User
    Thaks dalchina,

Unfortunately I've been unable to register as i don't have a corporate email and can't finish register process.

"The program requires you to create an account on the site before you are allowed to download the free backup tool. Those with corporate email address get the full access."

babuja, Sep 28, 2017
  10. babuja Win User
    My veeam is a system backup of drive c were windows and software is installed. No data here. Data that lives in other drives has a different backup routine/software, for that i use goodsync to backup to qnap nas and from qnap to extern hdd i use rtrr.

Any other software that works best for system backup and restore than veeam?

babuja, Sep 28, 2017
  11. babuja Win User
    I'll take a look at it
    How to restore from a veeam bare metal image [​IMG]

babuja, Sep 28, 2017
  12. CountMike New Member
    Didn't you say it's an ISO file ? Can't you just mount that ISO in windows ?

CountMike, Sep 28, 2017
  13. babuja Win User

How? Booting iso from bios? No luck with that. Only way i could boot it was to converting iso to bootable pen drive using Rufus: Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

It run ok but in be recovery environment it could recover from iso.

babuja, Sep 28, 2017
  14. CountMike New Member
    If you mount that ISO in windows you'd at least see what's in it and if it's viable for making boot USB out of it.

CountMike, Sep 28, 2017
  15. babuja Win User
    I can try it....but mount it how?

babuja, Sep 28, 2017
Thema:

1. How to restore from a veeam bare metal image - Similar Threads - restore veeam bare

2. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...: I built two PCs some years ago purchasing Windows 8.1 Pro OEM licenses and all major system components from NewEgg.I later upgraded the PCs to Windows 10 Pro via "bare metal" installs because I upgraded the primary drives at the same time. IIRC, on "PC-A" I first installed...
  3. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...: I built two PCs some years ago purchasing Windows 8.1 Pro OEM licenses and all major system components from NewEgg.I later upgraded the PCs to Windows 10 Pro via "bare metal" installs because I upgraded the primary drives at the same time. IIRC, on "PC-A" I first installed...
  4. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  6. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  7. Activation when booting virtual *AND* bare metal

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Activation when booting virtual *AND* bare metal: So I've got an old school Mac Pro with a Boot Camp partition. I recently installed virtualization software called Parallels that is capable of booting the physical Windows disk inside a VM. From a functional perspective, it works great even allowing full DirectX 11 support....
  8. Bare Metal Restore using Acronis cannot find device driver.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bare Metal Restore using Acronis cannot find device driver.: I am using Acronis True Image with Acronis Universal Restore to do a bare metal restore to my new system with dissimilar hardware. After creating the boot disk and cloning my drive, when I go to the new computer and try to install the software I receive 3 error messages;...
  9. Implications of BitLocker for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Implications of BitLocker for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?: rossmcbain, if you're still here, could you please again cruise by the thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/device-encryption-implications-for-image-backup/a5301dbb-3b88-4356-a1ad-e88fb935947f?tm=1575814261659&page=2&auth=1 I'm...
  10. "Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?: If Windows 10 encrypts my system volume "by default," what happens when I have to restore a (third-party) backup image in an emergency? What happens if I have to move the entire system to a new SDD (on the same, or a warranty-replacement, machine)? I'm moving to Win10 from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Veeam windows 10 bare metal restore not working command window