Windows 10: How to restore from a veeam bare metal image

Discus and support How to restore from a veeam bare metal image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Mm, good comments, but I think it all bodes badly for who almost certainly has no actual image of his original OS. I'm guessing when mentioned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by babuja, Sep 28, 2017.

1. babuja Win User

How to restore from a veeam bare metal image

Thats correct...but shouldn't veeam iso image help now to recover/restore to the state of iso creation? Confused. I'll certainly try a different software, maybe a simple one like aomei. Recovery speed it's not more important them reliability and simplicity

babuja, Sep 28, 2017
  2. CountMike New Member

Recovery that way depends on recovery partition that keeps all relevant information and if you killed all partitions and reformatted, it's all gone now, nothing to restore. Might as well do clean windows install. In the future, you are better off making full backup of all partitions, keep it on separate disk and keep personal data backup on another.

CountMike, Sep 28, 2017
  3. babuja Win User
    No format took place because i can see that several folders with same data, like pictures, downloads, etc. No data was removed, only win10 was repaired and software removed.

babuja, Sep 28, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Presumably as I mentioned you did this:

How to restore from a veeam bare metal image [​IMG]

- i.e. data yes, programs no.

Be aware of an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all your programs and data and most settings
    You can find a tutorial for that in the Tutorial section.That for future reference.

Yes, disk imaging creates compressed copies of the selected disks/partitions, but the file you have isn't that.
    As recommended, in future try a simpler / different program - and take care to ensure you are confident in using it, including restoring an image.Note that disk images can be mounted and explored- so you can see they contain what you expect.

dalchina, Sep 29, 2017
  5. babuja Win User
    Exactly this option
    thanks dalchina

What i want to do: weekly bare metal backup of system to a external HDD or to my qnap.

Eventually a tool with incremental and versioning if possible...but most important: reliable and easy to use. Speed isn't the most important as backup will be schedule for night time. Macrium? Aomei backuper? Other?

babuja, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to restore from a veeam bare metal image - Similar Threads - restore veeam bare

2. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...: I built two PCs some years ago purchasing Windows 8.1 Pro OEM licenses and all major system components from NewEgg.I later upgraded the PCs to Windows 10 Pro via "bare metal" installs because I upgraded the primary drives at the same time. IIRC, on "PC-A" I first installed...
  3. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...: I built two PCs some years ago purchasing Windows 8.1 Pro OEM licenses and all major system components from NewEgg.I later upgraded the PCs to Windows 10 Pro via "bare metal" installs because I upgraded the primary drives at the same time. IIRC, on "PC-A" I first installed...
  4. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  6. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  7. Activation when booting virtual *AND* bare metal

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Activation when booting virtual *AND* bare metal: So I've got an old school Mac Pro with a Boot Camp partition. I recently installed virtualization software called Parallels that is capable of booting the physical Windows disk inside a VM. From a functional perspective, it works great even allowing full DirectX 11 support....
  8. Bare Metal Restore using Acronis cannot find device driver.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bare Metal Restore using Acronis cannot find device driver.: I am using Acronis True Image with Acronis Universal Restore to do a bare metal restore to my new system with dissimilar hardware. After creating the boot disk and cloning my drive, when I go to the new computer and try to install the software I receive 3 error messages;...
  9. Implications of BitLocker for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Implications of BitLocker for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?: rossmcbain, if you're still here, could you please again cruise by the thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/device-encryption-implications-for-image-backup/a5301dbb-3b88-4356-a1ad-e88fb935947f?tm=1575814261659&page=2&auth=1 I'm...
  10. "Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?: If Windows 10 encrypts my system volume "by default," what happens when I have to restore a (third-party) backup image in an emergency? What happens if I have to move the entire system to a new SDD (on the same, or a warranty-replacement, machine)? I'm moving to Win10 from...