Windows 10: how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot

Discus and support how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ihave a newer amacabook Pro which I have it as a dual boot with Windows 10. Had some physical damage and after the repair had to restore the Mac OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElisabeteSwenson, May 28, 2020.

1. how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot

Ihave a newer amacabook Pro which I have it as a dual boot with Windows 10. Had some physical damage and after the repair had to restore the Mac OS backupwith dual boot and Windows 10. Problem is I had a separate Windows full image backup and dont know how to restore the backup. Microsoft support was unable to help and told me to post it here. Any help is appreciated.

:)

ElisabeteSwenson, May 28, 2020

2. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, May 28, 2020
  3. dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 28, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 28, 2020
Thema:

how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot

1. how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot - Similar Threads - restore backup Mac

2. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  3. How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive: Hi all, a few years back I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I still use Windows 7 backup and restore to do my backups. I would like to install my most recent backup to a new SSD. I'm confused now because I used the media creation tool to make an iso, then burned it to a...
  4. How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive: Hi all, a few years back I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I still use Windows 7 backup and restore to do my backups. I would like to install my most recent backup to a new SSD. I'm confused now because I used the media creation tool to make an iso, then burned it to a...
  5. How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive

6. How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup: [ATTACH]PC users running a macOS dual boot with Windows 10, will feel the difference […] This article How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to Verify Windows Image Backup Restore in a Dual Boot PC?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Verify Windows Image Backup Restore in a Dual Boot PC?: I am dual booting Win 8.1 Pro (original) with Win 10 Pro (Added) on a single Samsung SSD on my desktop PC. The default OS for boot up is Win 10 Pro, however I usually work in Win 8.1 Pro by manually switching to it at the blue boot menu at startup. As the rule, Windows always...
  8. Dual Boot Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dual Boot Backup and Restore: Hi Im not !00% sure or confident enough to try and back up my dual boot Win10 and Win7 on the same SSD Drive with 4 partitions. Do I have to backup system reserved partition? can I backup leaving rollback working dual boot or should it be removed then reinstall when both...
  9. Dual Boot Setup 10 and 8.1 and 10 and 7 using image backup / restore

Dual Boot Setup 10 and 8.1 and 10 and 7 using image backup / restore: I have multiple computers with Dual Boot setups and have questions about the correct way to do system image backups to be able to restore only one OS in event of issues. After cloning hard drive that already had dual boot with 10 and 7 working successfully, the new hard drive...
  10. How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX

How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX: I want to dual boot my PC which has a pre installed windows 10 with mac OSX. I have only one HDD. I have searched many forums and sites but was not able to find any suitable help. Please help me out. 26021