Windows 10: How to restore from OEM partition without booting from Windows?

Discus and support How to restore from OEM partition without booting from Windows? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello. Last night i was trying to clone a HDD to SSD. At first, clonezilla didn't let me, because destiny was smaller in sizer than source disk. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by leito360, Nov 9, 2019.

1. leito360 Win User

How to restore from OEM partition without booting from Windows?

Hello. Last night i was trying to clone a HDD to SSD. At first, clonezilla didn't let me, because destiny was smaller in sizer than source disk. So I reduced some partitions in size with gparted. I tried again, it copied some partitions, except for the one that contains the OS. I did some research and i found there was a bug or an issue with clonezilla and GPT boot tables, several suggestions pointed that i had to copy manually (through console) the gpt table from source to destiny. I did this operation looking very carefully that i wasn't copy the SSD to the HDD. I repeat, i make sure that i wasn't following the wrong steps.

I wasn't able to copy the boot tables, i was getting errors, so i said "ok, it's too late, i'm going to sleep and continue tomorrow". Before i went to bed, I boot into gparted to see if the disks were OK, there, I found that the source disk (the HDD) didn't had any partitions, so something happened with its boot table.

This morning i was able to recover all the partitions (but specially the OS part. and the Recovery part.) but when i try to boot I keep getting error cx000000e (related to boot) and i'm unable to access the recovery partition.

How do i solve this? Is there a way to copy the data from the recovery partition to a flashdrive and restore the system from there? It isn't important to save the data, but since the HDD came with a Dell computer, i have an original copy of Windows and all the drivers pre-installed, and i would want to keep that.

I CAN access both, OS and Recovery partitions from Slax/Porteus/etc.

Some pictures to illustrate the issue: Recovery error. **** clonezilla - Album on Imgur

:)

leito360, Nov 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 System Image restore did not restore D partition

Yes, there is a way to create a partition with unused space and copy the image from the backup. Windows Operating system is our expertise so regarding about the steps, we suggest contacting your OEM about the backup and restore process to get the best
    assistance.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Martin Bar, Nov 9, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 9, 2019
  4. How to restore from OEM partition without booting from Windows?

how to restore pc from recovery partition

i didnt find any such option "select restore partition as boot device" in bios. *Confused How to restore from OEM partition without booting from Windows? :confused:

freebird_9924, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

How to restore from OEM partition without booting from Windows?

1. How to restore from OEM partition without booting from Windows? - Similar Threads - restore OEM partition

2. How do I boot from a partition?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I boot from a partition?: I am dual booting Windows 10 with Arco linux Arch based linux. I burned iso file on a USB. Now in diskmgmt.msc there is new partition which contains installed Arco linux. This is how it looks. How can I boot from that partition?...
  3. How do I boot from a partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I boot from a partition?: I am dual booting Windows 10 with Arco linux Arch based linux. I burned iso file on a USB. Now in diskmgmt.msc there is new partition which contains installed Arco linux. This is how it looks. How can I boot from that partition?...
  4. How do I boot from a partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?: Hello, I am a Win8 user previously I am using Win10, and I am facing problems with Win10 currently.The Windows 10 system can't boot BSoD: INACCESSIBLE_ROOT_DEVICE because of libusb driver problems probably. However I can't find a way to work it out.What I tried are as...
  6. How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?: Hello, I am a Win8 user previously I am using Win10, and I am facing problems with Win10 currently.The Windows 10 system can't boot BSoD: INACCESSIBLE_ROOT_DEVICE because of libusb driver problems probably. However I can't find a way to work it out.What I tried are as...
  7. Restore Windows system & files only from windows data partition no recovery/boot partitions

Restore Windows system & files only from windows data partition no recovery/boot partitions: So I made an oopsie. A big one. TL;DR: I have a partition on a hard drive with all my Windows files Program Files, PrefLogs, Windows, Users, etc.. It is the only partition on the hard drive no boot/recovery. I need to move that partition, or at least the data on it, to...
  8. Deleting partitions from boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting partitions from boot: Does my drive get wiped of i delete all partitions and format from the new windows install with usb? submitted by /u/VishVadeva [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ib6c3i/deleting_partitions_from_boot/
  9. restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver: Hey, I backed up the recovery partition on my HP desktop computer to free up some space now need to recover the PC. My issue is I dont know how to put the recovery partition back so that I can run the recovery. Is there a simple solution to this problem? Any help would...
  10. Booting from a Cloned Partition

Booting from a Cloned Partition: I have cloned a partition using AOEMI Backupper and I have tried to find out how to make the cloned partition bootable. No luck with that. Note that this PC has one Hard Drive and which is UEFI/GPT based. Is it possible to make the cloned partition (G) bootable. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 restore from oem partition

2. boot windows from OEM partition