Windows 10: How to restore lost files and apps ?

Discus and support How to restore lost files and apps ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I had encountered a problem which goes in as follows: > I installed a certain game which I later uninstalled. >While uninstalling the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PreranaTata, Mar 1, 2019.

1. How to restore lost files and apps ?

Hi everyone,

I had encountered a problem which goes in as follows:

> I installed a certain game which I later uninstalled.

>While uninstalling the app, the windows Add or Remove programs gave me an option if whether I want to uninstall several other apps related to that game.

>I clicked Yes (Thinking it will delete related to that game).

> But after few moments, I realized that it was actually deleting every other app and windows updates too.

> It was too late and I actually lost a lot of data.

> Also, certain windows updates are now being unresponsive like No Theme is getting applied in the Desktop.

How do I tackle this problem ?

Please Help

:)

PreranaTata, Mar 1, 2019

2. Lost Mail app after performing System Restore on Windows 10.

Original Title: Lost mail app

I did a system restore as I had lost my start menu..the start menu returned but the mail app disappeared. the store says it is installed so I can, reinstall it. I can,t uninstall as I have no app.. any suggestions. it doesn,t appear in the list of apps.

shulakantor, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Recovering Lost Files

Hi, Shaun.

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information below:

Can you find the files now, if you go to windows.old?

I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check you can find the files and folder that you have lost. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can restore it from a backup (if you're using Windows backup) or you can try to restore it from a previous version. Previous versions are copies of files
    and folders that Windows automatically saves as part of a restore point. Previous versions are sometimes referred to as shadow copies.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 1, 2019
  4. VicCrete Win User

How to restore lost files and apps ?

How to restore work in a file that was lost?

Using Microsoft Word 2010. Typing two hours. Screen turns white and message says something like Word is not responding. Lost two hours of work. How to restore file? When reopening file version without most recent work is not there.

I "saved" every step of the way. This is the second time this happened to this file.

VicCrete, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

How to restore lost files and apps ?

1. How to restore lost files and apps ? - Similar Threads - restore lost files

2. How to restore Windows lost security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restore Windows lost security: The problem happened that after I reinstalled the system, I couldn't find Windows security and lost some commonly used Windows items like Microsoft Store/Windows, Clock, Photos, Calculator, etc. Can you help me recover it again?...
  3. How to restore Windows lost security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Windows lost security: The problem happened that after I reinstalled the system, I couldn't find Windows security and lost some commonly used Windows items like Microsoft Store/Windows, Clock, Photos, Calculator, etc. Can you help me recover it again?...
  4. How to restore Windows lost security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Windows lost security: I lost Windows security after my PC was reinstalled and I lost some missing Windows items such as Microsoft Store/Windows, Clock, Photo, Calculator and others. Can you guys help me to recover it again?...
  5. Lost restore point for backuped files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost restore point for backuped files: I have a lot of files that were backed up with microsofts own backup and restore function.Now when I reinstalled win10 the system can't find any restore points for theese files.Windows added a string to the filenames whenever it was starting a new backup session.The string...
  6. Lost files and apps

Lost files and apps: I do not speak computereze . I updated my PC and lost the ability to access and edit any word docs. Notice says I have to purchase window office to gain access. I also lost some apps the most important of which was Legacy. Legacy has my family tree info I added for the past...
  7. HOW TO RESTORE LOST UPDATES

HOW TO RESTORE LOST UPDATES: HOW TO RESTORE LOST UPDATES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-lost-updates/cc91ac86-e984-4b6e-a320-3461b4a07761
  8. How to restore lost Apps, including Windows 10

How to restore lost Apps, including Windows 10: How to restore lost Apps, including Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-lost-apps-including-windows-10/2e2407af-b032-43ea-a87d-29d1f27afb36
  9. How to restore work in a file that was lost?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore work in a file that was lost?: Using Microsoft Word 2010. Typing two hours. Screen turns white and message says something like Word is not responding. Lost two hours of work. How to restore file? When reopening file version without most recent work is not there. I "saved" every step of the way....
  10. How to restore Windows 10 apps lost during reset?

How to restore Windows 10 apps lost during reset?: I reset my computer because I was losing some features on Windows 10. After resetting I have lost most of my Microsoft apps from Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Word is gone....