Windows 10: How to Restore My Computer

Discus and support How to Restore My Computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Attempting to do the WU and my computer is now messed. Right now after a restart it takes forever and it "prepares windows" on the sign in screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bru, Jul 9, 2021.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

How to Restore My Computer

Attempting to do the WU and my computer is now messed. Right now after a restart it takes forever and it "prepares windows" on the sign in screen and then it gives me a generic desktop, not mine. I remember having this happen before (different computer) and a restart restored things but that is not working as it hangs. And no, I have no back up. I am stupid I know.

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How to Restore My Computer [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 9, 2021
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Having trouble restoring from a windows 10 backup to a new computer

Hi Tim,

You can restore files from a backup from another computer by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Control Panel >
      System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore.
    • Choose Select another backup to restore files from, and then follow the steps in the wizard. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

This files will be restored in a folder having the "Username" of the one who created the file. To find the restored files:

• Select the Start button, then select Computer.
    • Double-click the icon of the drive that the files are saved on, for example
      C:\.
    • Double-click the Users folder. You will see a folder for each user account.
    • Double-click the folder for the user name that was used to create the backup. The restored files will be in the various folders based on where they were located originally.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Restore My Computer - Similar Threads - Restore Computer

2. How do I restore file from my old computer on an expansion drive? They are Windows 10 going...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore file from my old computer on an expansion drive? They are Windows 10 going...: How do I restore file from my old computer on an expansion drive? They are Windows 10 going to 11. Both Dell computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-file-from-my-old-computer-on-an/f54090cb-bfe2-4cb6-8b45-fd4c90715f80
  3. How do I restore file from my old computer on an expansion drive? They are Windows 10 going...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore file from my old computer on an expansion drive? They are Windows 10 going...: How do I restore file from my old computer on an expansion drive? They are Windows 10 going to 11. Both Dell computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-file-from-my-old-computer-on-an/f54090cb-bfe2-4cb6-8b45-fd4c90715f80
  4. How do I restore file from my old computer on an expansion drive? They are Windows 10 going...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?: I reset/format my computer and my apps are gone, is it possible to recover any apps that are gone on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-restore-any-apps-i-used-to-have/fe26c925-31f1-400e-a593-fa1e8d3b2dce
  6. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?: I reset/format my computer and my apps are gone, is it possible to recover any apps that are gone on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-restore-any-apps-i-used-to-have/fe26c925-31f1-400e-a593-fa1e8d3b2dce
  7. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS: While I was playing on my All-in-One PC, I got a "Windows detected an error and will restart in one minute" prompt and then restarted, then it was unable to repair or rollback system files. This was after installing the lastest update.Everything I have tried has failed such...
  9. My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS

My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS: While I was playing on my All-in-One PC, I got a "Windows detected an error and will restart in one minute" prompt and then restarted, then it was unable to repair or rollback system files. This was after installing the lastest update.Everything I have tried has failed such...
  10. My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade