Windows 10: How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it.

Discus and support How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I resetted my dell laptop using windows 10 & i sele ,selected clear all files. Now i logged in as an administrator. Nothing is operable. To open a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PranitKamble, Jun 15, 2019.

1. How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it.

I resetted my dell laptop using windows 10 & i sele ,selected clear all files. Now i logged in as an administrator. Nothing is operable. To open a file I have to search the files using windows key +R then browse option. Nothing is shoisho on desktop. Personalization menu not opening.please tell me how can i bring back my pc to its previous state as it was before resetting.

:)

PranitKamble, Jun 15, 2019

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

Win 7 works fine, I'm typing on it right now. Wondering if I should actually jump and upgrade. There must be a driver somewhere that I can use to install XP *Wtf :wtf:

Not a particularly productive suggestion. Though I'd never buy a Dell, I have had luck with thier laptops errm... excepting this time, lol.

Sasqui, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Josie23 Win User

How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it.

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it. [​IMG]

How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it. [​IMG]

Josie23, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it.

1. How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it. - Similar Threads - restore dell laptop

2. I need to restore my device to its state before 6 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to restore my device to its state before 6 hours: I have changed the regedit inside Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion and Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion to be modified from C to E after I copied program files from C to E then I deleted...
  3. I need to restore my device to its state before 6 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to restore my device to its state before 6 hours: I have changed the regedit inside Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion and Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion to be modified from C to E after I copied program files from C to E then I deleted...
  4. Laptop speed not the same as before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop speed not the same as before: My laptop was bought around 2019 of august though it was fast but in january of 2020 i got a trojan on my laptop so i cleaned the disk and reinstalled windows, since that day my laptop wasnt as fast as it was before the virus attack. It takes like 10 seconds just to open the...
  5. Laptop speed not the same as before

Laptop speed not the same as before: My laptop was bought around 2019 of august though it was fast but in january of 2020 i got a trojan on my laptop so i cleaned the disk and reinstalled windows, since that day my laptop wasnt as fast as it was before the virus attack. It takes like 10 seconds just to open the...
  6. Laptop speed not the same as before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?: i need to see if i can go back and copy what was on my sticky notes. i selected the option to retain all my data but the sticky notes were erased....
  8. how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?

how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?: i need to see if i can go back and copy what was on my sticky notes. i selected the option to retain all my data but the sticky notes were erased....
  9. how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Can I restore Windows to how it was before a Reset

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can I restore Windows to how it was before a Reset: I have done a Reset in Windows and wish I had not. I also did not do a back-up prior to resetting. Is there any way it is possible to go back to the way things were prior to the reset? I have not made any other changes since resetting in the hope this will be possible. 116263