Windows 10: how to restore my pc to like new again

Discus and support how to restore my pc to like new again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have had this laptop now running for about 2 years and it is starting to show it's age by running slower than when i first installed win10 my verizon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by corvairbob, Dec 5, 2019.

1. how to restore my pc to like new again

i have had this laptop now running for about 2 years and it is starting to show it's age by running slower than when i first installed win10 my verizon is 1903 build 18362.476 i have a 500gb drive and 8gb ram an i5 processor running 2.60 hz.

i really never noticed this much until about a month ago i pulled the hd out of the wife's pc and stuck it into another pc and then found out they do not like that anymore. so with a lot of help i got that pc to take the hd but i had to do some kind of restore. and now her pc is like new again as it was slow also.

well that restore must have went and just downloaded another win10 install and it did not seem to mess with any of her pictures or data but it took away all the programs she had. i have a ton of programs on my drive and a double ton of pictures. i did a copy of all the data and pictures and then did a backup onto a 1tb hd using it thru the usb port. took a long time but it finished. anyway if i was to just restore my drive i'm thinking i will get all that junk again and the pc will be just as slow.

i have in the past just inserted the cd and just did a clean install and then copied my programs back from another drive, but i do not have the win10 cd i got this program over the internet from windows, i have the win7 cd and one day windows just wanted me to upgrade to win10 so i gave in and did it.

so is it possible to do some kind of restore that will put my os back to like a fresh install and then i can put my programs back and pictures etc.? i'm looking at getting a new 1tb sata hd or even a ssd hd and if i do i will have to put a clean install on that unless i can figure out how to transfer my os and data from the old hd thru the usb port onto the new hd.

so can i do this or not and if so where might i find the instructions to do it? thanks

:)

corvairbob, Dec 5, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

how to restore my pc to like new again [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 5, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

how to restore my pc to like new again

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

how to restore my pc to like new again

1. how to restore my pc to like new again - Similar Threads - restore again

2. I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error...: I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error comes unmountable boot how can i solve it .I already logged in my recent state of my pc now tell.me what should i have to next...
  3. I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error...: I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error comes unmountable boot how can i solve it .I already logged in my recent state of my pc now tell.me what should i have to next...
  4. System restore messed up my Windows 11, how to make it work again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore messed up my Windows 11, how to make it work again?: After a system update KB5026446 my system did not work correctly so I did an uninstall of the update, but it did not solve the problems so I did a system restore to a system restore point before the update but it did not work so I did a new system restore named "Undo" Windows...
  5. System restore messed up my Windows 11, how to make it work again?

System restore messed up my Windows 11, how to make it work again?: After a system update KB5026446 my system did not work correctly so I did an uninstall of the update, but it did not solve the problems so I did a system restore to a system restore point before the update but it did not work so I did a new system restore named "Undo" Windows...
  6. Can't get windows update to work again after registry restoration 0x80070003

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get windows update to work again after registry restoration 0x80070003: To start off, my issue is probably very complicated and likely unsolvable without doing a windows reset/reinstallation.I'm addressing to some windows experts who could be able to pinpoint what i'm trying to solve.I really messed up with registry recently basically replaced...
  7. Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.: For no reason that I can account for my easy going long working Mail App of Windows 10 opens mail, but when I click on the link in the mail msg it won't work. "Can't Open" or a similar message, showing the long link in it's entirety in a small pop up window. I have used...
  8. Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.

Again. I've uninstalled Mail 10 App, re-installed, tried older restore point. Nothing fixes it.: For no reason that I can account for my easy going long working Mail App of Windows 10 opens mail, but when I click on the link in the mail msg it won't work. "Can't Open" or a similar message, showing the long link in it's entirety in a small pop up window. I have used...
  9. need to take backup of window and again restore the window in laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to take backup of window and again restore the window in laptop.: Hi there,Actually, I need to take backup of the window 10 and all data stored in drive "D", Because I want install window 11, if window 11 goes fine its working fine in my laptop. then I will continue with window 11.I f some problem in window 11, then I again back to window...
  10. need to take backup of window and again restore the window in laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to take backup of window and again restore the window in laptop.: Hi there,Actually, I need to take backup of the window 10 and all data stored in drive "D", Because I want install window 11, if window 11 goes fine its working fine in my laptop. then I will continue with window 11.I f some problem in window 11, then I again back to window...