Windows 10: How to restore my settings after the Windows update

Discus and support How to restore my settings after the Windows update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows did an update and all my settings are changed. I can't even remember what the settings were. Everything is a stark white background and very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by fxit4us, May 21, 2024.

1. fxit4us Win User

How to restore my settings after the Windows update

Windows did an update and all my settings are changed. I can't even remember what the settings were. Everything is a stark white background and very bright. Contrast sucks. No random images on the desktop anymore and trending NBA, stocks, etc., that I do not want. How do I restore the settings that I had without having to manually try to recreate them. I do not want to reset them to factory either, just want what I had them set at back. With all of the updates that Windows has done, never has it ever changed my settings until now. I am really not happy at all about this.

:)

fxit4us, May 21, 2024

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, May 21, 2024
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 21, 2024
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How to restore my settings after the Windows update 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 21, 2024
Thema:

1. How to restore my settings after the Windows update - Similar Threads - restore settings update

2. How to restore my settings after the Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore my settings after the Windows update: Windows did an update and all my settings are changed. I can't even remember what the settings were. Everything is a stark white background and very bright. Contrast sucks. No random images on the desktop anymore and trending NBA, stocks, etc., that I do not want. How do I...
  3. How to restore to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore to factory settings?: Hello,I am returning a HP laptop and before I do I need to delete all of my info, how do I reset to factory settings,Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-to-factory-settings/ae80b471-46d5-481f-a490-b8630079e7ca
  4. How to restore to factory settings?

How to restore to factory settings?: Hello,I am returning a HP laptop and before I do I need to delete all of my info, how do I reset to factory settings,Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-to-factory-settings/ae80b471-46d5-481f-a490-b8630079e7ca
  5. How to Restore my Default Processor Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Restore my Default Processor Settings.: Good DayI made a BIG Mistake by Changing my Settings under Msconfig-Boot-Advanced options and then changed my Number of Processors to 8Now after I have done that my pc start up with Blue Screen of Death. How can I Restore my settings to the Default without reloading Windows....
  6. How to Restore my Default Processor Settings.

How to Restore my Default Processor Settings.: Good DayI made a BIG Mistake by Changing my Settings under Msconfig-Boot-Advanced options and then changed my Number of Processors to 8Now after I have done that my pc start up with Blue Screen of Death. How can I Restore my settings to the Default without reloading Windows....
  7. How to Restore my Default Processor Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How can I restore my apps and settings after a reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore my apps and settings after a reset?: How can I restore my apps and settings after a reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-my-apps-and-settings-after-a/178b12b6-2aba-4eec-a437-596b4e06fbde
  9. How to restore sound after last update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore sound after last update?: how do I restore sound on my pc after upda te? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-sound-after-last-update/3fc161f4-2760-442f-90d7-bf5e1415a756
  10. How to restore my profile after an update crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore my profile after an update crash: Hello After a recent windows 10 update my PC crashed. When it restarted it has a generic page. All my files desktop etc are in a users name directory. How do I restore my original desktop page and for the documents and photos tab to open my corresponding folders stored in...